Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Urgently need Piedro Boots - size 26

(15 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 03-Jun-11 21:49:13

DD's new splint was finally ready but it is totally crap and has had to go back to be re-modelled. Which means dd is back having to wear Piedro Boots for school - only problem is that she has grown out of them completely and or course the NHS won't supply them as they have given her a (crappy-ill-fitting) splint.

Does anyone have any size 26 Piedro boots that they no longer need? Black would be best for school but I know we can't be fussy. I would pay postage as I really can't afford to buy another pair new at £120 shock.

Marne Fri 03-Jun-11 21:57:23

Could you buy her some kickers boots until splints are sorted? we use these for dd2 as nhs wont supply her with piedro's.

StickyFloor Fri 03-Jun-11 22:13:31

Sorry we haven't got any that size but just wanted to share some sympathy with you. Every time we goet new splints they are wrong at first too and then we can't find shoes to go over them anyway and the whole things is such a frigging shambles. It shouldn't be so hard should it?

lisad123 Fri 03-Jun-11 23:31:23

kickers were recommended for dd2 if that helps

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sat 04-Jun-11 07:24:44

I'll have a look at kickers but not convinced they will offer her enough support, she should be in her splint but until it's sorted I need a stop-gap solution. Aren't kickers quite expensive as well? sorry to moan, we seem to be spending more and more money on dd to make up for the stuff the NHS won't supply and everything is so expensive.

glittery Sat 04-Jun-11 14:55:38

damn! i have an old pair of size 24 boots and i just gave away a pair of size 25 sandals, we skipped size 26 and are now in 27's

glittery Sat 04-Jun-11 14:56:32

Could anyone use the size 24s?
ds doesnt walk so they are in great condition!

saltyseadog Sat 04-Jun-11 15:28:38

I might have some 26s, will take a look.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sat 04-Jun-11 15:36:24

what about something like this? Kickers were what our physio recommended before dd got her piedros but they are about £50. Dd3 has just gone into a 26 so have no spare in that size, sorry.

Marne Sat 04-Jun-11 16:28:06

You can get kickers for around £30 if you look around, i think i have a size 27 (black lace ups), i will have a look, they are quite supportive, physio reccomended them for dd2.

isw Sat 04-Jun-11 19:31:24

I have bought second hand kickers from ebay before as an emergency stop gap. Worth a try until the splint comes back? Sorry I just sold a pair of piedro 26s on ebay.

saltyseadog Sat 04-Jun-11 20:22:31

Sorry - mine are 20 and 23. However I have a pair of pink Kickers boots, which might be 26 - would they be any good?

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sun 05-Jun-11 12:13:12

thanks salty, I'm sure dd would love pink kickers but she really needs black for school. I haven't seen any ebay kickers second hand so am going to look around elsewhere, they don't look as high on the ankle as piedros though and I'm not convinced they will give enough support. I'm just a bit fed up gnerally, this is the time of year that you really notice the whole splints and boots thing when all of the other little girls are wearing delicate little summer sandals. sad

Marne Sun 05-Jun-11 16:34:15

It's hard sad, both my dd's have bad feet and should not wear sandals, dd2 is happy in kickers but dd1 is a bit older and wants to wear what the others are wearing, we are waiting to see if she needs insoles or splints as her ankles are knocking and turning, dd2 gets on well with kickers, she has realy wide flat feet which turn inwards, she falls over in any other shoe but the kickers seem to support her well, i stock up on kickers when they are in the sale as she gets through them so fast with wearing them at school, i think i have 6 pairs from the last sale but they are bigger sizes. You can often pick them up for £20+ on the kickers web site, they always have sale items.

13lucky Sun 05-Jun-11 20:07:56

I feel your pain hanging...my dd should also wear piedros and has done from the age of 15 months until a couple of months ago. We were having really bad problems with blisters and the NHS have let us down so I've gone for a supportive startrite shoe with her insoles in. Not ideal but the best I can do for her at the moment. Anyway I was sure I had a pair of 26's but have just checked and only have 27 - two pairs in black with velcro. Sorry this doesn't help for now as will probably be too big but let me know if you'd like them for the future...they are a bit worn and scuffed though. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now