Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Statement - help!

(7 Posts)
Suzza Fri 03-Jun-11 16:53:57

hello there, my sons school has just sent off all the relevant paperwork to request a statement for him, I know it takes 26 weeks to come back but wondered following that (as by then I will a mess coping with school!), how long it takes to get the actual funding through?!

Thanks,

Suzza

feynman Fri 03-Jun-11 18:39:33

I think funding starts as soon as a statement is finalised (i.e at 26 weeks). At least it did for my son.

IndigoBell Fri 03-Jun-11 19:23:58

Suzza - it's not nearly that simple. First of all the LEA have 6 weeks to decide whether to assess or not. That's the next hurdle to get over....

You will be asked to fill in a parental form. And sent some more info about the whole process.

Suzza Fri 03-Jun-11 21:31:00

Feynman - thanks so much for that!!

indigo bell- thanks for that info, really handy to know what the he'll is going on!!

pinkorkid Fri 03-Jun-11 22:42:18

Hi Suzza, link here to the sen code of practice: https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationdetail/page1/dfes%200581%202001
you can download it although it's a huge document or ring up and ask for a free copy to be posted to you. It's really useful and explains the whole process and what should be happening at each stage - very useful for checking lea and school are doing what they should through the process.

Ipsea, SOSSEN and partnership with parents all give useful support trhoughout the process.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 04-Jun-11 07:49:59

Hi Suzza,

I would also add that if the LEA refuse to assess (which may well happen) then it will then be down to you to appeal the LEAs crass decision. You will need IPSEA's refusal to assess pack which can be downloaded from their site www.ipsea.org.uk

Suzza Sat 04-Jun-11 07:57:44

Pinkorkid - thanks for the link will do that today!

Attila - hopefully won't need it but will use this link if necessary. Thanks so much.

Really don't have a clue how I would cope without this website!!!

Suzza

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: