Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA! A happy outcome!

(6 Posts)
keepingupwiththejoneses Thu 02-Jun-11 13:56:31

After it taking 16 months to finally get ds3's DLA last time, I didn't hold out much hope for it being an easy ride this time over. I sent in copies of every report I had, his statement and all the paperwork from his annual review, I also got his paed to write a letter.
We got the decision through today, HRM and HRC, awarded till 2016. I am over the moon!

direlahere Thu 02-Jun-11 17:13:02

well done, lovely to hear good news at a time of cuts cuts cuts

Congratulations! How long did it take for the renewal?

keepingupwiththejoneses Thu 02-Jun-11 18:26:27

It took just about 8 weeks, very quick compared to last time!

runningonmt Thu 02-Jun-11 21:58:38

Fantastic news - very happy for you. Give yourself a big hug from me - most of us here know how painful it is to fill in the forms knowing there is a chance you will still get turned down - I am thinking about enclosing my DS with my renewal application in the hope that if they even try to read my application (which takes several hours to complete) whilst trying to look after my DS they will have a good idea of what we are all dealing with every hour of every day of every week of every month. Not sure how they would get him back in one of those brown envelopes to send him back to me though !!!!

I think you should seriously think about climbing Everest next - it will probably seem quite easy after the DLA application !!! :0

keepingupwiththejoneses Thu 02-Jun-11 22:26:32

Oh I know how you feel running, it took me about 2 weeks, and some help from you lovely ladies but I did it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now