Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help! I need sympathy (and chocolate and wine)

(11 Posts)
sumum Wed 01-Jun-11 22:03:41

I am sitting in hotel room in London with the dc's. Need I say any more?
It seemed like such a good idea a few months ago to take the dc's to 'do London',so I planned and booked and then planned some more. All good and ready.wink

Monday-legoland, good day, used hand stamped exit passes for the first time, felt very guilty but it was a tremendous help and things went quite smoothly. Apart from youngest dc getting lost- still at least I now know and can reassure others that their lost child proceedures work (he was only gone for 45minsblush), had dinner in some rubbish chinese place where dc's ate hardly anything and cost me £51, they were all sqirmy and not good company. oh and youngest wet his pants while out so had wet shorts on for much of the afternoon till I was able to change him.

Tuesday-Doctor Who experience, now this is ds's thing so thought it would be well worth the second mortgage money I needed to pay. (£18 just to parkshock). Only ds really NEEDED to get to the shop at the end so I spent most of it holding him back, youngest dc was not into it and let everyone (and I mean everyone in the building) know he was bored and not happy. So stressful, so took them to Burger King for teablush. Oh and youngest wet his pants while out again!

Today- Natural History and Science museums. Well ds was hyper, youngest totally uncooperative, oldest deciding to join in was not best behaved either.Then spent £80, yes I said eight, zero, Pounds on a meal for the five of us, spaghetti house in knightsbridge. Well kids were awful, ds was soo autistic, ordered his favourite spaghetti and meatballs for him to take one taste and declare it didn't taste 'like it does at home' (well for £80 I hope they are not using tesco basic like we do at home). Ds was wriggly, shouty and genarally a right pita, dh goes to stop a glass being knocked over and instead knocks the whole FULL jug of water all over the table, me and youngest!!! Dessert-ds orders chocolate pizza, takes one bite of the pizza then just eats the choc sauce, so for dinner he has eaten 1 string of spaghetti and a pot of nutella. Arrrg!. By this point ds was nearly on the ceiling deciding it would be fun to wear the choc sauce and had to be restrained and taken out of the restaurant.The staff were great and we were fortunatly near the back but I was still mortified. But on the plus side no wet pants.

I am now having a diet coke to cheer me up and 'looking forward' to tommorow when we are going to The Tower of Londonshock

So please in the future remind me that 'a nice week in London' is not a good idea for my lot!

Al1son Wed 01-Jun-11 22:10:19

Why do we do this to ourselves?

((((HUGS))))

dietcokegirl Wed 01-Jun-11 22:12:26

flippin eck. you need wine not diet coke!!
good on you for putting yourself through this...good luck for tomorrow!

Jennylee Wed 01-Jun-11 22:14:18

I took my aspergers son to blackpool with 2 toddlers a few weeks ago , wasn't the best idea I have ever had but the kids really enjoyed it and only one meltdown there and one when we got back smile

your post made me laugh eighty pounds lol and we felt robbed over 15 pounds for terrible fish and chips at Pablo's

Jennylee Wed 01-Jun-11 22:15:06

Tower of London hope it goes well

sumum Wed 01-Jun-11 22:25:43

Oh and forgot to add I thought it would be a great opportunity sitting in the hotel in the evenings when they were asleep to write my report for ds's SA.

I have wrote the title.

Why did I think ds would sleep on holiday when 10pm -11pm is usual bedtime at home, thank goodness for his nintendo ds. Well that is another story, his nintendo ds died last week and I was so worried about him in the hotel room without it to keep him occupied that I rushed out on saturday and got him another one for his upcoming(in august[blush[)birthday.

sumum Wed 01-Jun-11 22:28:13

Bloody expensive half-term

sumum Wed 01-Jun-11 22:30:47

Jenny - I have booked Blackpool for a week in the summer hols (booked it at the same time as London, I must be madblush)

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 01-Jun-11 22:32:46

just seen this you may at least find somewhere cheaper to eat! wine for you, you deserve it!

sumum Wed 01-Jun-11 22:46:46

Thanks Ninja

Jennylee Wed 01-Jun-11 22:58:53

Well avoid pablo's fish and chips and the work they are doing near the tower hopefully they will have moved on by then its pretty nosiy drilling and my ds has hyper sensitive hearing, only an issue if noise annoys and it will have moved on by then, we had a good few days, but were glad it was low season as ds hates crowds and can't go on fairground rides either. he liked the wax works, and the amusements arcade games,my toddler liked beach and rides. We thought ripleys was not that good. a good few days though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now