Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

family fund visit

(7 Posts)
tiredmummyneedswineandsleep Wed 01-Jun-11 20:54:07

hi. i have applied to the family fund for the first time. they rang today and are coming to do a home visit tomo. has anyone else had a visit. slightly stressed as house a mess!

many thanks

Anna85 Wed 01-Jun-11 21:05:31

I haven's as applying myself for first time just wondering how much info u put in the application form and how long ago u submitted the form?

Chundle Wed 01-Jun-11 21:10:09

Hi I had a visit was all fine. Actually turned out I didn't need a visit as they didn't realise dd had high rate dla. They do visit to ask questions about wht help your child needs to see what they can give you. I asked for a £200 beanbag chair on my form and after the visit we ended up with £500 toward a bubble lamp and £300 toward recreational activities so well worth the visit smile

logi Wed 01-Jun-11 21:11:29

I had a visit myself yesyerday its the first time i applied too.The lady was nice asked questions about my ds and to see any reports i had on him.

She wanted to talk to my son but he wouldnt speak to her and he spent the first 30 mins under the dining table.

I was worried too but she was nice and it was just to get information regarding my son and any difficulties he has,she said we would hear in 2-3 weeks so im not sure if we were successful but i hope so.

tiredmummyneedswineandsleep Wed 01-Jun-11 21:15:31

wow sounds like it was worth visit chundle bet dd loves the lamp! and its so nice to do activities. we went on a steam train and boat trip today, ds was in his element. i sent proof of ds's diagnosis, hr care and housing benefit.
do they stay long? we dont really have many visitors.

tiredmummyneedswineandsleep Wed 01-Jun-11 21:23:46

thanks logi. im really worried but hopefully she'll be lovely.

Chundle Wed 01-Jun-11 21:31:44

She was thehens out 30 mins then she asked about dla and I said was on high rate care and she said oh no problem shouldn't of even had a visit then!! If you get high rate dla it should automatically go trough but some get missed but I'm glad we did get visit really as we got more from family fund. Worth mentioning to them that you get high rate dla at start of visit. Lamp being made as we speak should be here in about a week! I'm excited smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: