Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

MY 3 MONTH OLD BABY GIRL HAS CONTACT ANAPHYLAXIS. ANYONE ADVICE OR INFORMATION WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECIEVED

(6 Posts)
sugarflump02 Mon 30-May-11 17:00:51

We had to take Freya to the doctors as we have noticed that twice now her face has gone swollen with a raised patchy red rash on one side to the point that her eye was extremely puffy too. The first time it happened was when my hubby picked her up after he had been chopping down a Holly tree and where her face touched his top is where she reacted. The second time was when he was sawing some pine and she cried so he picked her up for a cuddle and it happened again on the opposite side of her face where it touched his top. We were concerned that if she reacts in this way and so quickly (under 5 minutes) then what happens if she ended up with whatever she's allergic to in her mouth? The dr said that we are quite right to be concerned as if Freya ever got it in her mouth it would most likely compromise her airways because they would swell shut. She is being referred to a paediatrician at the hospital to be properly investigated. Just so worried about this. Does anyone have any experience of something like this please? Kelly and Freya Ellie 14+6 weeks old

sugarflump02 Mon 30-May-11 17:01:53

not quite sure if this is really regarded as a disability or special needs but don't know where else to put it as this is the first time I've been on here.

Magicmayhem Mon 30-May-11 17:05:22

what did the doctor recommend? is she too young for an anti histamine?

sounds like Hubby should change his clothes when he comes in from gardening as she sounds really sensitive...

smugtandemfeeder Mon 30-May-11 17:28:48

Did the gp recommend epi pens or piriton? we have both for general anaphylactic shock and symptoms. We got these from gp and were then referred on for tests to see what DS was allergic to. I know how scary it is and our epi pens give us comfort that we can act if needed.

asdx2 Mon 30-May-11 17:36:41

Ds had repeated episodes of anaphylaxis as a baby which made weaning incredibly stressful and some first tastes and his immunisations were done in hospital in case resuscitation was needed. BUT he grew out of them all before school age and now only has hayfever.You should get more replies here

sugarflump02 Mon 30-May-11 18:03:45

The dr couldn't give her any antihistamines because she is on ranitidine for her reflux which is a h2 blocker, a form of antihistamine so she was referred to paediatrician at the hospital because my dr was unsure of whether she could have another antihistamine with the ranitidine and if she could, which one she could have. Hubby doesn't touch her now until he has showered as we are so scared of what could happen to her. Dr didn't say anything about treatments or anything so we were kind of just left in the dark as to what will happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now