Advanced search

Saving money as a carer to a child on DLA

(6 Posts)
whatever17 Sun 29-May-11 00:12:33

I just found out today that my DS2 (11) has been approved for middle rate DLA. Therefore I can go back on IS rather than JSA. And apply for carers allowance.

I have done a little googling and saw money saving tips like cinema tickets for carers.

Does anyone have any tips to share?

I am going to google local charities to see what else there is.

I am becoming a champion form filler!

lisad123 Sun 29-May-11 00:19:00

yes carers often get discount or free for cinema, zoo's, farms ect. Here we have a disbaled childrens database which you get a card for but not sure about other areas (im in herts)
Make sure you let CTC know too.
Charities all have a shared database so apply to one or two only, as after that your likely to be turned down.

Chundle Sun 29-May-11 08:07:27

Family fund
Merlins magic wand

Superfast Sun 29-May-11 10:21:29

Check out local leisure centre, ours do a discount card. Local council may give a bus pass so you and DS can travel free together...(varies in each authority). Def do tax credits and FF are great too.

smileANDwave2000 Sun 29-May-11 18:19:49

to what degree does your dc have to be disabled i mean my sons described as asd moderate and dyspraxic to get help from FF

Chundle Mon 30-May-11 14:19:54

As long as they get dla and you qualify on there income criteria you're fine to apply I think

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: