Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Speech breakthrough - sort of!

(8 Posts)
Chundle Sat 28-May-11 22:09:01

tonight I strapped dd2 21 months in her chair and was blowing her some bubbles when I stopped, she signed for more so I said say 'mumma' (a word she knows) which she did so I blew a bubble, I carried on with a couple of words she knew then I said say 'bye bye' (she doesn't say this yet) She said ' bu' which thought was fab so she got more bubbles. Then I said say 'daddy' ( she used to say this up until she was 14 months then stopped) and she said 'dooydeey' I was ecstatic!!! Her pronunciation of lots of words isn't great but was so pleased I've found something that will get her to practise saying her words I thought I would share x

used2bthin Sat 28-May-11 22:29:39

Oh well done thats great! my dd lost words at around 14 months too and I know how lovely it is when they make progress.

used2bthin Sat 28-May-11 22:31:10

Ps DD's SALT always says that she can make the speech "pretty" later and its getting talking thats important rather than pronunciation to begin with. So brilliant progress!

bdaonion Sat 28-May-11 23:02:57

grin Fantastic! Well done Missy Chundle!

zzzzz Sat 28-May-11 23:38:25

YAY grin

How many bottles of bubble mixture are you budgeting for this week?!!!!grin

Chundle Sun 29-May-11 07:08:46

Thank you! Lol zzzz I have a large 10 pack but she's quite smart so feel I may have to progress to choc buttons at a later stage!!

yukoncher Sun 29-May-11 13:57:29

Awww, very cute and clever.

signandsmile Sun 29-May-11 18:29:10

brill, know how it feels to get a spoken word! (ds, nearly 5, is now mix of signs and speech, and new words are popping out all over the place). so pleased for you! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: