Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

for anyone who followed our story, DD2 got her dx

(7 Posts)
lisad123 Sat 28-May-11 00:14:50

I posted earlier in the year about DD2 crap preschool who refused to see that anything was wrong and refused any suggestion from other proffessionals who knew what they were talking about. We removed her in feb and she got her dx of autism last week. While it is never what you want to hear, im glad its all over and done with and atleast we have the Autism advisory service, which was the one thing we couldnt access without a dx.

So now we go forward with my two beutiful girls, both with Autism.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sat 28-May-11 07:15:29

pleased to hear you're getting some support now smile

IndigoBell Sat 28-May-11 07:15:50

I can't believe all you've been through.

So glad DD got her dx. Now you've jumped that hurdle you can move onto the next one sad

Go easy on yourself. Even though you desperately wanted and needed this dx - it can still hit you like a steam train.

intothewest Sat 28-May-11 08:04:56

Never want to say 'well done' in a case like yours-Obviously no-one WANTS to have a diagnosis of autism;but like you said,you KNEW and now you can get the support you need.

LeninGrad Sat 28-May-11 10:14:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Sat 28-May-11 10:50:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mariamagdalena Sat 28-May-11 17:24:17

Well done, i'm delighted the diagnosis fight is over. Look after yourselves. Sometimes after the initial relief the grief reaction can come as a shock

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: