Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Statements - Advice

(6 Posts)
Anna85 Fri 27-May-11 16:58:24

Hello,

It looks as though this is the next battle that I have for my DS who is 5 and HFA!!

Just wondering what I should expect and if anyone knows ant good websites on statements to show perhaps examples etc!!

Thanks xx

Minx179 Fri 27-May-11 17:23:52

IPSEA have quite a bit of information about statements www.ipsea.org.uk/

Anna85 Fri 27-May-11 17:30:28

Thank you!!

As parents, if the school has requested it....do we get involved?? x

Triggles Fri 27-May-11 21:25:46

For ours, the school put it together and there was a separate part that we wrote up (briefly) and sent in acknowledging that we wanted it to go ahead. And then once the main paperwork came through, we had to fill out a questionnaire (much like the DLA form hmm) as well. It's time consuming and, again like the DLA form, rather emotionally draining.

Although, I will point out that our school is very supportive and we trusted the senco who coordinated everything - a lot will depend on how reliable your school personnel are, to be fair. And always, regardless, make sure you know what they're submitting!

Eveiebaby Fri 27-May-11 21:47:47

School did ours for DD but we did have submit our parental views about DD's development and difficulties

smileANDwave2000 Sat 28-May-11 09:31:56

the school would have done one but said for us to request it as the LA are more likely to agree when parents submit than the school.but you have a freehand to really express your views reasons wishes so use it well its pivitol in wether they agree or not i was advised well and really supported by PP who helped us tell it the best way possible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now