Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

at last ! good news but what will this entail please

(10 Posts)
cheeryface Thu 26-May-11 12:38:08

The ados test . ds2 is 12 and having an ados test next week. what will he have to do ?

This is good news for us , have waited and waited and waited for an appointment with the psychologist and have just had a call to say that instead of seeing the social worker today (which i didnt think was going to help anyway ) we are seeing her and the psych next week for ados test !

so pleased they are actually DOING SOMETHING i could kiss someone grin

northernmonkey Thu 26-May-11 13:07:44

That does sound like fantastic news smile
Ds1's CAMHS doctor is reluctently refering him for one so hopefully this will be me in a few months.
Good luck and hope you get the results you need

smileANDwave2000 Thu 26-May-11 13:24:13

good luck to you both , nothing to worry about its around 45 mins and will entail a little chat with you first and some physical/mental questions actions for dc to do in an office and its video taped so they can look back on it and watch reactions ect then they get together for a conflab and decide what they think , I was sent a report and asked to come in to see the paed for results a few weeks later

cheeryface Thu 26-May-11 13:29:05

thanks. i have heard of young children being given things to play with etc but what could they get a 12 year old to do ?
Also, he always tells people a load of rubbish such as hes fine at school , has friends etc so im a bit worried about that .
i am really glad though. think he should be tested for adhd aswell.

smileANDwave2000 Thu 26-May-11 13:48:51

take everything with you anything you thinks important they will prob have a chat first perhaps make him wait outside so you can warn them he may fib a bit perhaps out of embarassment he doesnt want people thinking he doesnt fit in hasnt got oodles of mates ect a lot of the traits overlap but they will be able to tell usually from different reactions when we went in before hand they asked me questions and DS about what his likes and dislikes were probably so it gave them things to focus on whilst doing the observation they seemed to keep him occupied my son was 10 when he had his done so it should be ok they do reading pictures ect like asking him what different facial expressions men give them things ask them quesions about them ask them what would you do questions all sorts really i guess dependant on the results wether he will need the ADHD test too i think my son possibly has adhd but he has a ASD & dyspraxic DX already and testing for this as hes in SS wouldnt really help him atm but there are deffinate reactions/answers ect that will make it much more obvious to the psycologist which he is.

cheeryface Thu 26-May-11 14:58:46

thanks smile

mariamagdalena Thu 26-May-11 15:07:13

ados test

intothewest Thu 26-May-11 15:55:38

Glad something is happening for you both !

cheeryface Fri 27-May-11 16:45:22

thanx everyone . any ideas about what i should tell ds2 i.e should i keep quiet that its a test ?

IndigoBell Fri 27-May-11 16:50:40

Def don't say it's a test!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: