Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

question re DLA and backdating

(4 Posts)
Triggles Sun 16-Jan-11 08:01:33

DLA paperwork for DS2 is actually due the 18th, but because of me being quite ill with flu and DH having surgery, we simply are not going to get the paperwork in to them on time. Will they simply not backdate it as far or not backdate it at all? Is that the only reason there is a "due date" on it?

Frustrated, as I've been working my way (slowly and painfully LOL) through it, but the last week or so has been miserable and I just can't see me getting it all done today so it can be posted overnight tomorrow. sigh.....

cornishshelley Sun 16-Jan-11 08:16:27

Call them and explain that it'll be late. I think it can be back dated for 3 months from when it was received whether it's late in or not but sometimes the back payments take a while to come through.

Make sure you get proof of posting. Also take a photocopy so that next time it's easier as you'll have all the old information to hand and can just adapt it for any changes.

My sister had problems with hers and it was late back but she got all her money in the end.

pinkorkid Sun 16-Jan-11 09:02:20

I would certainly ring and check as soon as possible - otherwise you could send in the form as it is with a note saying will send updates afterwards. That way you should be sure of getting it backdated.

Triggles Sun 16-Jan-11 09:31:21

cornishshelley and pinkorkid thank you - silly me, I didn't even think of ringing them to tell them. I will ring them first thing Monday morning - it's due Tuesday, but I think I can get it all done and sent in by the end of the week, so hopefully they will be okay with that.

I've been so exhausted and not thinking clearly that I just am losing all functionality to the brain. blush We were hit with a number of huge things to fill out all at once, I still have the DLA papers and then am expecting one more thing - some sensory questionnaire that the OT said was "a bit hellish" to complete, and I'd like to think I can go for maybe a week without paperwork? Nah, not likely! grin

On a more positive note, at least we've now got the initial OT appointment, the Ed Psych, and agreement on need for a statement all done now. Now it's just a matter of getting THAT done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now