Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Makaton signers, I need to know frog!!

(10 Posts)
Ineedalife Fri 14-Jan-11 21:04:52

Sorry about the awful title but I have been teaching the LO's at preschool to sign some of the song words at singing time.

They are doing relly well and today we did 5 speckled frogs. We signed as many of the words as we could you know, sat, eating,swimming[for pool], cold [for cool] but I didn't know frog it was such a shame but they are learn the signs so quickly so if someone can tell me we will do it again next week.

Hope someone can helpgrin.

mariamagdalena Fri 14-Jan-11 21:06:22

i think it's holding a cupped hand in front of your throat and moving it away slightly (like the bubble thing the frogs have there)

purplepidjin Fri 14-Jan-11 22:06:17

Are these any use?

Herecomestheninkynonk Fri 14-Jan-11 22:17:13

Saw it on something special this week!

Put your hand under your chin so it's resting on the two knuckles of the fingers you would hold out if you were doing rabbit ears behind someones head. The fingers should be pointing out to the side. Then just bend and straighten the fingers and they'll look like frogs legs.

Hhhm, doesn't sound so easy written down! Check cbeebies on iplayer for episodes earlier this week, possibly Tues.

Good luck!

NorthernSky Fri 14-Jan-11 22:17:58

Message deleted

Ineedalife Fri 14-Jan-11 22:38:38

Thanks folks will check out cebeebies tomorrow.

Thanks purple have had a quick look at the scope site its great theres loads of nursery rhymes with great pictures too.

I knew you would all come up trumps thanks again.grin.

silverfrog Fri 14-Jan-11 22:52:31

herecomestheninkynonk has it - I've seen this so many times now, as one of dd1's favourtie Singing Hands songs is about frogs...

so, clench fist, and bring it up under your chin, with back of hand resting just under your chin.

then, using index and middle fingers, extend 2 fingers into a v sign twice, eg if you use oyur right hand, the fingers would extend out towards your left.

hth

silverfrog Fri 14-Jan-11 23:26:18

Singing HAnds come up trumps grin

hopefully you can get the gist from that picture

silverfrog Fri 14-Jan-11 23:27:21

sorry - you need the picture of the little girl in pink, on the bottom row.

Ineedalife Sat 15-Jan-11 11:09:24

Thanks silver, will give it a go.

The website looks really good, I am going to be busy this weekend. LOL.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now