Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I know you are all dying from the suspense (not) but I have just had another communication from DLA...

(30 Posts)
justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 14:00:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

auntevil Fri 14-Jan-11 14:26:18

I would be pulling my hair out to know what their cryptic little message meant. How soon is soon? Aaaarrgghh!

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 14:27:51

SantasMooningArse Fri 14-Jan-11 14:33:01

Well it SOUNDS positive

But they're all nuts.

<<gavel>>

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 14:34:26

auntevil Fri 14-Jan-11 14:34:29

As long as they can't take money out as well. Why on earth can't they come clean with their decision. They have obviously made one. Even if they had of said that it looks like they will be making payments but that the exact amount will need to be confirmed in writing would have been better. Do i take it that they have the end of never to confirm this in writing?

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 14:36:24

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 14:37:03

silverfrog Fri 14-Jan-11 14:39:34

they asked whether you'd been abroad?!

as level of payment question?

that's bonkers.

dd1 is severely ASD. we don't currently claim DLA.

but if we did, I would not expect it to be decided on whether we were able to go abroad with her or not. how bizarre!

<sorry about the irritating to-ing anf fro-ing, btw. sounds frustrating>

SantasMooningArse Fri 14-Jan-11 14:41:41

Cares did that to us you know.

I filled in the form and sent it off when ds1 was first diagnosed. When I spoke to the Uni bods they told me that although I was only in uni 12 hours a week it was officially FT so I didn;t qualify. I contacted carers immediately, within the hour.

They ahd paid me but said they couldnt reclaim adn could I send a cheque, I almost did but decided to wait a few days- good because I;d have paid twice, they DID take the money out!

And then I had to endure lots of accusations by them of fraudulently claiming and lying even though I had told them myself that I ahd made a mistake. It wasn;t until I lost it a bit and spoke to them as if they were about 2 that they got it.

Wankers.

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 14:41:50

SantasMooningArse Fri 14-Jan-11 14:42:32

SF its an eligibility thing- if youre outside the UK for so long you get that payment docked.

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 14:42:51

silverfrog Fri 14-Jan-11 14:44:06

oh right, yes, the living out of the UK abroad, as opposed to being able ot take a (stressful) holiday.

I see smile

we don't claim because we don't need it, justa. we are lucky, and dh earns well. (and I can't face the forms, given that we don't actually need the money)

silverfrog Fri 14-Jan-11 14:45:54

<I did submit a claim, many years ago, when we could have done with the money. we were turned down.>

SantasMooningArse Fri 14-Jan-11 14:49:14

Wella we are in teh safety of SN Justabout, the safety of benefits apyments is shite: ATM we have been docked half our HB payment becuase they miscalculated it, and student loans are saying similar- I don;t trust any of them an inch any more. Luckily we have JUST enough put aside but that was allocated to stock for DH (damn us trying to earn eh?)

I asked out of interest- as we have an overpayment if DH died and I had to go into a council house (this aplce in his name as I am not working) we wouldn;t get any help at all. Even though they admit they got the student formula wrong. I ahve had to cut his salt and cholesterol levels severely until April JIC wink.

Scary though. To think that their mistake can put you outside emergency help so easily (we are insured, I was just curious)

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 14:51:00

SantasMooningArse Fri 14-Jan-11 14:54:47

Hey you know, I have a very male dominated hobby, nobody is irreplaceable wink

(If you look at the profi;le [pic of the main males in my hobby on FB you will see the choice is not quite chocolate box LOL)

silverfrog Fri 14-Jan-11 14:55:33

well, dd1 was only 3 at teh time.

I suppose it was a borderline decision as to whether she needed more care - you know, with her being essentially non-verbal, with constant diarrhoea, no concept of danger at all, up all night screaming, and having been turned away by 2 different pre-schools because they couldn't meet her needs hmm

must have been a tough call.

<bitter? me? grin>

auntevil Fri 14-Jan-11 14:59:24

Not on Facebook, Santas, and you have really got me thinking about your hobby grin wink confused

SantasMooningArse Fri 14-Jan-11 15:03:52

Hee hee AE

(carnival, lots of float building and welding and the like. PLenty of women to perform, not so many on a Sunday building)

Although if we are chatting it's well known I only ever fancy gay men anyway- I was told 'as a joke' that DH was gay when I met him- when people query the 'other' in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, straight and other- the other is, it would seem, me.

Fortunately we have several gay men and well, even DH doesn;t care about me window shopping there LOL

auntevil Fri 14-Jan-11 15:09:34

Window shopping is a whole new hobby - Hmmm, now you've got me thinking again!! grin

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 14-Jan-11 15:09:39

silverfrog Fri 14-Jan-11 15:12:35

oh yes, justa, completely.

that's why she was under the care of a paed, has (allegedly) SALT involvement, and also input form POrtage.

just a normal 3 year old, like any other...

SantasMooningArse Fri 14-Jan-11 15:34:00

SF did you try having it looked at agin? I think they reject 50% of applications as a friday night knock off fun activity. They refused ds3- then when we asked for recon awarded him HR (now on MR)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: