Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

When is it all too much?

(6 Posts)
Ker85 Fri 14-Jan-11 10:24:07

Both my boys have additional needs and it is getting harder as they get older! Starting to despair!

chuckeyegg Fri 14-Jan-11 10:32:51

Sorry your having a bad time, I find these dark months more difficult to cope with myself and all my worries get bigger. Give it 3 months and I'll feel better.

Seding you warm wishes. Sorry not be able to help. x

borderslass Fri 14-Jan-11 10:35:12

Do you have a SW if you do get in touch and get some help put in place before you reach breaking point,hope things start to get better for you soon. x

tallwivglasses Fri 14-Jan-11 10:39:07

When it all got too much, social services stepped in and got me additional support. DS now has 2:1 support for 14 hours a week and respite once a month.

I know we're extremely lucky (and there are other family reasons why this is so high) but it has transformed our lives. DS is stimulated by his brilliant carers and I get some time to work, clean up all his mess and occasionally mumsnet rest.

I know some people have had negative experiences with ss - our children with disabilities team has been really good. Maybe you could start by getting in touch with Contact a Family? Good luck smile

Ker85 Fri 14-Jan-11 19:28:29

Thanks guys. Some days are so much harder than others and I made the call to social services today which hasn't been an easy decision to make! It's always good to know you're not alone x

meltedmarsbars Fri 14-Jan-11 22:13:32

You've done the right thing - after I admitted to SS I needed help, they got the ball rolling, and though it is still hard work, I'm not doing it all on my own all of the time now.

Best of luck! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: