Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DD refused Swine Flu immunisation..

(5 Posts)
smashingtime Thu 13-Jan-11 20:40:55

Should I be pushing the doctors for it further?

DD has brain damage from birth. She had seizures (now fortunately free of them) but has mild CP. I have heard that under 5's with neurological conditions should be immunised but doctor says not.

What worries me is the way she handles illness as it sets her back a lot. We also struggle whenever she gets a high temp to bring it down.

Has anyone else been refused the jab?

lottiejenkins Thu 13-Jan-11 20:54:38

No, but i thought my son had had his till school rang today and said did i want him to have it?!!??shock I had filled out the form and said i would ring my GP at home as it was a combined jab this year. DS never had MMR as he had fits at three weeks and they couldnt gurantee if he had MMR that he wouldnt fit agin.(ds at residential school)so i rang school and said yes about two months ago. He slipped through the net, he is having it tonight or tomorrow!
I would insist that your dd had the jab. Can you find any evidence online to take to the doctors with you??

smashingtime Thu 13-Jan-11 21:00:34

That's a good idea lottie - will have a look!

I really feel this is an issue about funding - I would be terrified if DD got SF..

Hope your DS is alright with his jab.

lottiejenkins Thu 13-Jan-11 21:05:34

Look on here.......... It says near the bottom........If you are the parent of a child (over six months) with a long-term condition, speak to your GP about the flu jab. Your child's condition may get worse if they catch flu!!
My ds is a good lad when having his jabs!! He should be fine!!

smashingtime Fri 14-Jan-11 12:02:23

Thanks - that's helpful. Will try again today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now