Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

just realised that planning anything in the sn world is plain daft

(12 Posts)
2shoes Wed 12-Jan-11 13:15:13

today right now I should be in London at a case conference......where am I at home as dd is poorly, she was at respite last night and got the call this morning, so went and picked her up.
in the nt world I could leave her home alone and still go as she is 15.
not in the sn world, so all my plans have bitten the dust.

one good thing is the case conference will still go on without us.

2shoes Wed 12-Jan-11 16:51:32

feeling a bit blue now as just had the counsel on the phone.
I find it so hard to think back to dd nearly dying,

silverfrog Wed 12-Jan-11 17:06:55

oh 2shoes, sounds like you've had a tough day.

was the case conference to do with your dd's birth? it must be very hard to have to think over it all again. and harder because you'd psyched oyurself up to go, and then had to change plans at the last minute.

how is dd now? hopefully she's feeling better too smile

have a sit down, open the wine, and take it easy this evening

bigcar Wed 12-Jan-11 17:12:12

oh that's rough 2shoes, hope you are ok, large glass of wine? Hope dd feels better tomorrow.

2shoes Wed 12-Jan-11 17:14:47

yes it was silverfrog, I hate thinking about it at the best of times, lucky it is aminly a blur, with me acting like the worlds worst mum after.....
bigcar it will soon be whisky aclock.
dd seems ok, sore throat, pale and teary at school.

silverfrog Wed 12-Jan-11 17:20:13

be gentle on yourself, 2shoes smile

it must be horrid, raking it all up.

have some nice hugs with your lovely girl (if she's anythign like my teenage stepchildren, it's only when their ill you get proper hugs grin), curl up and watch a good dvd.

2shoes Wed 12-Jan-11 17:21:59

aww I got a lovely hug from her,
she was all teary at respite last night, I asked who she wanted and she said mum awwwwwww

intothewest Wed 12-Jan-11 17:25:09

sorry you're both having a rough day-It's hard to look back sometimes-don't know your situation,but we were told ds wouldn't make it - he clearly did !It was a very hard time- hope the whisky helps and DD feels better soon

silverfrog Wed 12-Jan-11 17:25:12

smile

bigcar Wed 12-Jan-11 17:59:29

aww, that was nice, the cuddles get fewer and further between as they get older don't they smile

2shoes Wed 12-Jan-11 18:48:32

I am lucky as she loves cuddles(just not in public now lol)

jackny Thu 13-Jan-11 21:03:12

I know how you feel - life with SN is complicated. I am thinking of returning to work as DS has just started school. He is in an ASD Unit 12 miles away which is great but I am not sure the attached MS school's childcare would accept him. My in-laws who live 20 miles in the opposite direction would help out if I can get DS back home after school. I feel like giving up!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: