Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I am seething!

(24 Posts)
TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 15:20:01

Won't say huge amounts but I have had a meeting with school today.. And I'm so angry!

So tonight the wine is on me.. And tomorrow I start kicking butt!

bullet234 Tue 11-Jan-11 15:23:10

Can you say anything? Good luck with the butt-kicking.

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 15:34:11

Ds had to sit in a meeting with us and was asked a ton of questions that he couldn't answer by senco and was almost in tears

and I was also told a whole pack of lies! .. When I asked for progress records of x y and z .. Apparently they are being written up.. But this meeting was scheduled a month ago!.. Still no IEP.. And was td what you expect us to do?

And then told we can't do that... When I gave my answer!.. FFS

I was then told they had run out of time.. And ds has progressed... Based on the time since he's been back at school after the Christmas holidays!

IndigoBell Tue 11-Jan-11 15:37:37

Oh, not good

I've got my IEP meeting in a fortnight and have asked for evidence of progress. What are the chances I'll get it?????

Luckily I have some samples of work she's been doing at home grin

If they can't prove progress I will assume there has been none and act accordingly....

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 16:42:24

Indigo.. I'd write to the school just reminding them you will be requiring progress reports!

Although be warned I'm waiting now for basically fabricated progress and transferrence of skill reports.. Because sencos eyes glaslzed when I asked for the. Quickly followed by they are about to be written up!

Ineedalife Tue 11-Jan-11 16:45:06

Ffs TACC why does everything have to be so hard??

And your Ds has a DX!!!

Ineedalife Tue 11-Jan-11 16:48:37

We were supposed to have another meeting with school before xmas but I just haven't got the energy to fight with them only to have them completly ignore everything I say at the moment.

I think I am just going to write and list all the things that Dd3 is struggling with and all the suggestions that have been made and send it in and see what happens.

Sorry you had such a crap meetingangry

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 16:49:23

Because ... If you look in their eyes carefully.. You can see the saving pounds signs!

Farking numpties... !

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 16:55:44

I have pinned senco down to another meeting.. Where I expect all reports to be ready for me ( fabricated or not)....
I have my file which shows no progress

I am taking parent partnership ( might as well try them out)..but to witness the meeting!
Because .. This meeting I was catagoricolly( sp sorry dh is home and I'm on the wine!) told ( and I made senco repeat so I could obviously note take ).. Statements that totally contravined the sencop... Which I had with me.. Page marked!

Ineedalife Tue 11-Jan-11 17:12:24

I have spoken to parent partnership too, in my area they seem helpful and I have heard good things about them. I am considering ringing them again to see if they can help me to rebuild communication links with Dd3's school as they are nonexistant at the moment. To the point that the HT?SENCO didn't even acknowledge me in the corridor this morning when I had to take DD3 to the medical roomsad.

Enjoy your wine and hope the next meeting goes better.

I am going on a sencop course at the end of march which could be helpful do Dd3 as well as in my job.smile.

corns1lky Tue 11-Jan-11 17:20:01

poor ds - what did the senco think she was playing at? That kind of behaviour shows what little understanding they have of his needs.

NorthernSky Tue 11-Jan-11 17:31:28

Message deleted

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 17:33:28

Corny.. Senco sat there and just asked ds a whole load of questions.. And then there was a typical literal moment where senco was trying to engage ds but ds took what was said not how it was meant..
And ds stimmed and didn't do eye contact and was trying to work out the answers to what lesson is your best and what do you want us to do to help you and what targets would you give yourself.

Ds's chin was wobbling and eyes were welled up for nearly an hour!
Even though I intervined!

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 17:34:57

Indeed that course sounds a bit good !

And thanks guys ( I'm on glass two.. And it's a good job dh is home lol... I may dose in a bit lol)

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 17:38:10

Btw ds has had his fave dinner and a huge slice of choc roullard ( sp)...

And we had big hugs!

" mum I didn't know what senco wanted me to say.. I got confused!"
poor bugger.. I'm going to find a funny movie to bung on in a bit!

MotherJack Tue 11-Jan-11 17:41:42

What stupid questions!!! My DS is probable Aspergers and he would have been thinking about his infra-red shooting game if they had asked him what targets would you set yourself. grrrr. Good luck with the arse kicking tomorrow and enjoy your wine

andperseand Tue 11-Jan-11 17:51:54

'Contra vine d', 'inter vine d' - definitely on the wine grin. (Bold only works if I leave a space for some reason.)

So sorry it was so frustrating. We invest so much energy in these meetings, and for what half the time. I have got to the stage where I want to refuse to even go to them any more, except I know that nothing would please them more.

Enjoy the wine - the headache tomorrow can be salved by kicking butt.

andperseand Tue 11-Jan-11 17:54:32

And grrrr to 'what do you want us to do to help you' - my DS has been asked that, and the variation 'list three things that would make school better for you'.

I just want to scream 'if he could answer that in the first place we wouldn't even be in this situation ...'.

Think I'll have to have a sympathy glass of wine because I am seething for you too.

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 18:04:16

Honest to god I was very very cross and got more cross the more I could see ds struggle!... And he didn't give ds anytime to think !

I may actually complain to the sen and chair of governors about it tbh..

DameEdnaBeverage Tue 11-Jan-11 18:43:22

Sorry to hear that Arsenic.Next meeting will probably be better as you will have PP to witness it. I have a meeting soon and have loads to go through with them but expect it will be cut short too hmm. Did you point out to Senco that she was talking shite contravening the Sencop?
Poor ds sad

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 11-Jan-11 20:13:27

Good luck with your meeting!

It was cut short before I could even say that grrrr

NotRocketSurgery Tue 11-Jan-11 20:20:01

well, you say

"I just want to scream 'if he could answer that in the first place we wouldn't even be in this situation ...'."

but I think some of these "what do you want us to do" questions are bloomin' hard for anyone - even an adult.

andperseand Tue 11-Jan-11 21:20:33

NRS - I know, but I am just speaking as the worn out mum of a DS who has barely been in school for a year now and not at all since September.

Won't go into details now but too much just being passed on to someone else and no one doing anything. And even when he has done his best to answer no one listens and puts it into action sad

NotRocketSurgery Tue 11-Jan-11 21:40:09

well, tommorrow he's got you in full butt kicking mode - what more could a boy need - hope their a**ses respond appropriately

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: