Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

need some advice my baby has AVSD short femur and short humerus is this downs or dwafism ??????

(4 Posts)
michrach35 Sun 09-Jan-11 11:41:42

I am 29 weeks pregnant and I know my baby has a complete AVSD but she is also showing signs of having small femur and humerus at my last scan at 29 week her femur was measuring 26weeks+3 day her humerus was measuring 25weeks+1 day but her abdomen was measuring 29+3 days

Drs keep telling me different things each time I have another scan. At first they mentioned Downs but recently they have said it could be a rare form of dwafism.

I have also been told by the caridogist that she would have her operation at 3 months to start with but now it could have to happen straight away as he right ventricle is slightly smaller than the left side.

with each scan I get more confused I dont believe in amnios because I wouldnt have terminated and I didnt want to put my baby at risk of miscarriage or permature birth.

I want to be able to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy but with all this uncertainty hanging over me it is hard.
It would be nice to hear from others that have either gone thru this or are in the same position as me.

gibbergabber Sun 09-Jan-11 12:20:00

michrach - hi congratulations on your pregnancy, sorry that you're not enjoying it at the moment. I can't help with regard to whether or not the baby might have Down's or not. I can offer some support with the heart stuff though. I post on the message board at Heartline here - there's a section for pregnant mums so pop offer for a chat. If you have any problems getting signed up give me a shout.

gibbergabber Sun 09-Jan-11 12:23:14

Sorry - should have said - there are a couple of mum's over there whose children have Down's and also one with a child with a form of hypochondroplasia.

michrach35 Sun 09-Jan-11 18:34:52

Hi Gibbergabber thanks for your message I will check out the heartline board.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: