Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Family fund?

(8 Posts)
Marne Fri 07-Jan-11 17:10:15

Hi, i am trying to fill out forms for family fund, this is our first time applying, on the part where you state what you would like (holiday, equipment etc..) do you have to say the cost of the item/holiday?

We are trying to get money for a climbing frame for the dd's, money to make the garden safe and a holiday. I havn't got any idea how much these things cost, how much should i put down for each item?

Also whats our chances of getting all 3 things?

brandy77 Fri 07-Jan-11 17:27:22

you dont have to put down the prices, just list the 3 items. 1st time of applying you generally get more, i got the 3 items 1st time, holiday vouchers for Haven, clothing allowance and bedding allowance. 2nd and 3rd times got Haven holiday vouchers and just before xmas my son got a laptop delivered through their own supplier smile

Marne Fri 07-Jan-11 20:05:18

Thanks brandy, how much did you get in holiday vouchers? (if you don't mind me asking), we have never really had a real holiday, when we have gone away its been a nightmare with dd2 as we can only aford to stay in a caravan (which dd2 trashes).

donkeyderby Fri 07-Jan-11 20:24:52

Our OT's from the Children's Disability Team make gardens safe and you shouldn't have to pay I don't think (or spend Family Fund money on it)

brandy77 Fri 07-Jan-11 21:00:47

it was 3 years ago now but think we got about £650 or thereabouts. my friend takes her child abroad each year (how she gets all her meds on the plane is beyond me!), she has to add extra of her own money but wouldnt be able to do it without the family fund vouchers

monstermansmum Fri 07-Jan-11 23:00:39

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ty-Gwenu-Holiday-cha let-for-individuals-with-special-needs/12369359100 6150 grin

monstermansmum Fri 07-Jan-11 23:02:28

have a look here www.facebook.com/pages/Ty-Gwenu-Holiday-chalet-for -individuals-with-special-needs/123693591006150 oops blush

tryingtokeepintune Fri 07-Jan-11 23:15:11

Marne - have you look at special holidays which cater for disabled children eg. ASD children. Queen Elizabeth Centre near Southampton, Vitalise etc.

Family Fund - you can ask for cash towards a holiday instead. Just list what you would like and they might not give you the whole sum but put some money towards it.

Donkeyderby that is interesting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: