Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Friday night sn chat thread... And into the new year!

(79 Posts)
TheArsenicCupCake Fri 07-Jan-11 16:28:37

Well forum for the dc's is nearly done folks fighting and I are admins so soon as it's finished our dc's can all have a natter.

The weeks not been too bad here but glad it's Friday as I'm not sure how much more ds could cope with this week.

I'll be on and off tonight as I have a few bits on the dc's forum to finish up

DameEdnaBeverage Fri 07-Jan-11 16:35:50

Let me know if you need any help Arsenic wink. Glad it's Friday too. Cold/flu type-thing all week and loads of school-related stress.Hey ho.

IndigoBell Fri 07-Jan-11 16:37:32

Evening all.

I have the flu and am feeling rubbish.

Just been up to school and upset the teacher by saying that DD had not made good progress...

They've promised me a meeting next week. And I can tell it's going to be the same as all the prev meetings. They tell me she's making good progress, and me disagreeing

StartingAfresh Fri 07-Jan-11 16:37:53

Does this mean I can open the wine now?

silverfrog Fri 07-Jan-11 16:39:38

ooh, Star, now you're talking.

although how I haven't started on it already, i'll never know grin

it's been a relatively peaceful week here in silverfroghouse. the girls are back at school, and so I've had a few calm hours.

I really must do that housework I've been neglecting al day, though...

superfantastic Fri 07-Jan-11 16:41:23

Having a nightmare...dp just broke my laptop charger, and nearly my laptop...I may be offline for a few days!

He hurt his back this week, my boiler broke...but was fixed and I broke a kitchen cupboard in my rented house. Oops.

DS is cutting back teeth and with DP out of action Im doing everything...I hate school run!

I shall stop moaning now...its nearly wine time! And DP had a good job interview today....everyone cross everything we need this one! And visiting a possible new school next week.

See you all when I see you....incase I run out of power! grin

superfantastic Fri 07-Jan-11 16:42:12

Name changer btw! Was feeling a little sheepish! wink

TheArsenicCupCake Fri 07-Jan-11 16:42:57

Indigo... I'm about to upset school next week.. Another blooming EP meeting and I'm asking for all records of progress ... And evidence that ds is starting to transfer some skills into general school life... Which I know he isn't .. And he's gone back to not even trying to socialize!

dameedna... You could write some general usage rules up

starfish71 Fri 07-Jan-11 16:44:10

Hello everyone. Very down today, really struggling to know what the right thing is best for DS at moment - on pins waiting for LEA to get back to me - possible tribunal- arrgh.

Just feeling really lonely. Weird feeling today can't shake it.

Sending a text to hubby to bring wine home and sending him on a trip to argos to see if I left DS's lunchbox in there earlier....

Lougle Fri 07-Jan-11 16:44:38

Hello!

Well this week has been...ok I think.

A small issue at school, but dealt with superbly by teaching staff, so can't complain.

I have also started a SN blog, and am going to try and put some juicy helpful stuff on there for people starting the journey we are all taking.

TheArsenicCupCake Fri 07-Jan-11 16:46:06

Star get that wine open now woman!
Sadly I have still got baileys that needs drinking up!

super... That sounds like the most crap week and you need need some of my got to be drunk left over Xmas booze

StartingAfresh Fri 07-Jan-11 16:50:22

Would you like a ham sandwich with that silver?

StartingAfresh Fri 07-Jan-11 16:53:18

Good luck to your dh super

starfish Hang in there. It must be incredibly stressful for you at the moment.

DameEdnaBeverage Fri 07-Jan-11 16:54:33

To those that have had a bad week I'll send some virtual gladioli's smile.

Arsenic - will look into usage rules.

superfantastic Fri 07-Jan-11 16:55:59

OOhhh cocktail night! grin Only a quarter of my battery left.......

TheArsenicCupCake Fri 07-Jan-11 16:57:30

That brill Dame ..

superfantastic Fri 07-Jan-11 17:00:50

Thanks startingafresh. I hope you have opened the wine! grin

Marne Fri 07-Jan-11 17:04:32

I'm sooooooooo glad its friday, such a stressful week with school and paed appointments, glad i now have 2 days with the dd's and monday with dd2 (OT appointment). Dh has spent most of the week in bed with man flu but is now up and being helpful.

Lets hope next week is less stressful.

silverfrog Fri 07-Jan-11 17:04:59

grin star

only if you're qualified wink

I have never seen a clearer case of missing the point, I don't think...

intothewest Fri 07-Jan-11 17:15:10

Hi all- fairly o.k week;nothing much happening (I guess that actually makes it a good week !?) I have a meeting at school next week too- I wish it was to tell them all the good things they've been doing- ho hum- -- sending millions of roses chocs and biscuits around-they will be finished by next year !!!smile

LollipopViolet Fri 07-Jan-11 17:36:22

Arsenic, hope the forum is going well, did you look into Proboards in the end?

I've had a stressful week, got deadlines and assessments next 2 weeks

Still, ice hockey on Sunday

Oooh, and I'm using ebay now, got a 99p bid on a Russian camera lens Here's hoping I win in 9 days time!

purplepidjin Fri 07-Jan-11 17:41:16

I've had a good afternoon shock

Took Mango (the orange fluffy thing on my profile) to the vets for his booster shots and they assessed him to be a Pets As Therapy Cat. He was nervous when he went in because of a dog in the waiting room, but settled really quickly. Vet gave him his shots, then asked the vet nurse in to assess him because the vet had "hurt" him (he didn't even flinch, btw grin) She spent a few minutes cuddling him, then they played on the floor where he beautifully demonstrated his response to his name grin then they had another ten minute cuddle and he behaved like an absolute gent! Both vet and nurse said they'd never met such a tolerant, chilled out cat and he'd be wonderful in therapy grin

Now I just have to send off the forms and pay the insurance/admin money and we're away!!

Anyone Hampshire/Dorset, let me know if you're kids fancy a cuddle lol

StartingAfresh Fri 07-Jan-11 17:44:14

Good luck with the kiddie forum!

Silver has that thread spontaneously combusted yet?

Did you know that too much brocolli was bad for you btw?

<Starting thinks she may have lost her mind>

auntevil Fri 07-Jan-11 17:44:27

I remember the 'getting rid of tempting things' intoteh west! Doesn't happen now as no-one buys the DCs sweets as they can't have them! Does make it a bit rubbish when i feel like something sweet as there's nothing in the house to nick!
Apart from DS1 going off like a firework after school each night, DS2 being told by some classmates that he smelt of poo (soiling issues), DS3s paediatrician being 'non-contactable for 3 weeks' and being visited by Battersea Dogs and Cats home for our re-homing visit - it's been an OK week.
Super - i will keep fingers crossed re the interview.
Wine, cocktails and ham sandwiches (?!) to you all as i will have to go and 'parent' for a bit before my DH loses his rag with them.

starfish71 Fri 07-Jan-11 17:50:35

Ooh wish I lived near you purple! My DS is desperate for a kitten - though currently it has to be a ginger kitten who he will call oliver! Wonder if they do it in my area.

Hubby home with the wine and DS's lunchbox! So feeling a bit better, though haven't opened wine yet, its chilling in the fridge!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: