Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Social services coming today!

(21 Posts)

OT is coming from ss to assess the house. Both girls are in same room and it's causing no end of trouble. Dd2 wakes between 3-5am and is a whirlwind. Dd1 is quiet needs lots of sleep and loves order.
I hope I don't regret this!!

siblingrivalry Fri 07-Jan-11 10:03:53

Oh, you wont! We got a bedroom divided last year, through a DFG -best thing we ever did.

Good luck! smile

Hope they can help. I need sleep

Al1son Fri 07-Jan-11 10:27:37

Good luck Lisa!

Thanks how much snooping do u think she'll do?

Al1son Fri 07-Jan-11 12:30:56

Hi Lisa. Just popped back in to see if she's been yet. I've never had dealings with an OT in that respect but surely it's up to you to show her what you choose?

Has she been yet? Keeping my fingers crossed.

She's coming at one and dd2 is really on form today too !

1980Sport Fri 07-Jan-11 13:12:20

Good luck - hope it goes well and isn't too stressful

She's not turned up yet and I have leave for school run in less than an hour. Shall I call or give up and go out??

Al1son Fri 07-Jan-11 13:58:23

I'd call and leave a message letting her know when you have to be out. How b****y frustrating!

Just called. I am so mad!! They said someone been try and call all day to tell me she's not coming!! I haven't left the house other than to pick up dd2 from school and there's an answer machine here too! I'm so upset dd2 is all out of routine because of this and I'm left with fall out

She just called to say sorry as wrong number was on pc records! she's coming after school run

tryingtokeepintune Fri 07-Jan-11 14:25:26

Please do update as I have been offered an assessment from the OT sw too. However, I said they could ony come if they were going to offer to help constructively, not just give suggestions which I cannot afford to implement.

siblingrivalry Fri 07-Jan-11 14:31:33

Ours had a look around the house and had a quick measure of the room we were looking at dividing.
They sent a 'technical' bloke out a week or so later to see if it was feasible to do the renovations.

The OT basically asked about dd1 and her needs, how she would benefit from her own room etc.

Good luck, sorry they have messed about today.

Al1son Fri 07-Jan-11 14:33:53

Brilliant! Why do they have to pretend they tried to ring? It would be far better to admit they forgot.

So you'll have to do it all again another day sad

Obviously you couldn't have had anything better to do with your day angry

It's not possible to split their room as only one window. I'm hoping they might be able yo help with moving layout around to make space. I have a horrible headache and pmt. Have TAC in two weeks too, think I need to run away now

Al1son Fri 07-Jan-11 15:55:16

If you're going somewhere nice I'll come with you. Got both DD's cases going to diagnostic panels in the next month or so and I don't think I can cope with any negative outcomes. Would much rather be chilling out on a beach somewhere grin

ok, she arrived as planned at 3.30pm and left at 5pm.
She was very nice. She has taken some on DDs reports to copy. She said she is happy to support an application to the council for a DFG to fund making a 3rd bedroom grin
i dont want to get excited but would be great if we could, we all might get some sleep then

Al1son Fri 07-Jan-11 19:54:52

That's good news Lisa. Hope it all works out. Have you decided not to run away then?

i have decided to stay for now but did run off to my bed at 7pm last nigh and didnt coem out till 9am this mornign! blush

Al1son Sat 08-Jan-11 12:04:10

How lovely! I'd love to do that but would probably regret to nuclear scale disaster zone I encountered when I emerged.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now