Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Recommendation for double buggy

(9 Posts)
regsgirl Thu 06-Jan-11 14:09:39

Hello Ladies

I am expecting number 2 in the next few weeks and dd is 3.5yrs and refuses to walk anywhere. Also with learning difficulties she doesn't care about running off across roads etc. I was hoping not to have to buy a double buggy but it seems that I will need one.

Can anyone recommend one?
A lot are only upto the age of 3yrs and the ones for upto 5 are hugely expensive i.e phil and teds and i dont want to pay out for another travel system.
Was looking at the 360 nipper as this is up to 4yrs.

Thanks

Marne Thu 06-Jan-11 14:20:25

Mountain buggy double (2nd hand), i can still fit my 5 year old in a mountain buggy and my 7 year old fits in the seat but her head hits the hood (fine with hood down).

zzzzz Thu 06-Jan-11 16:03:40

I use a phil and ted with a 5 year old in the baby seat [I know ridiculous but it works for us as baby is a good balance at 3].....won't work much longer as we are hitting waaaaaay too heavy;). If it were me I'd buy a phil and ted second hand and drive it into the ground.

StartingAfresh Thu 06-Jan-11 16:55:17

Have you considered the Joovy or the slightly cheaper sit and stand

They used to only be available in the US but I believe they are here now!

1980Sport Thu 06-Jan-11 17:15:13

Hi - I have a non walking two year old and a four month old and we got the phil and ted. It really is excellent so light and easy to push - there are quite a lot of second hand ones about! My friend went for the maclaren double side by side - with full recline for her newborn. She got a brand new one second hand at a carboot sale for £25!! They are about 200 new - I think!

sneezecakesmum Thu 06-Jan-11 18:06:23

The mini city baby jogger double buggy can easily seat a 4 year old and also lays flat from birth. The only disadvantage is it is a side by side buggy. We have the single and size wise it is ideal and cheap enough on ebay - it just depends on if you can cope with the width. ps. It has a huge canopy so for ASD excellent for the child to hide under!

LegoLady95 Thu 06-Jan-11 19:51:10

I haven't got a recommendation for a double buggy, but a buggy board might be worth thinking about too? My DS1 (3.5 ASD and LD) loves to stand on the buggy board, and the thing I like best is he is where I can see him and keep him safe, and not running off into the road.
It means I can give him a bit of freedom to walk on quieter streets without lugging him in and out of a pushchair. I use a Littlelife backpack with parent strap as an extra safety measure when he is walking, as it's more discreet than reins. Mine was a Lascal Maxi for around £50.

negligentmummy Thu 06-Jan-11 20:00:18

I have a maclaran side by side with huge hood but no waterproof which you are more than welcome to for £30 if you can get to south bucks... my nearly 4 year old is fine in it, but it's getting a bit heavy to push with her and the 2 1/2 year old. I make them take it in turns to walk now instead so it is a bit redundant really.
it does have some downsides, but upsides too. PM me f you're interested...

5inthebed Thu 06-Jan-11 20:03:03

Jane Powertwin? The seats are huge, easily fit a 4 year old in. You could get a decent priced one off Ebay if you're not too fussed on second hand.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: