Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

i just want a whine - about ASD / other kids

(16 Posts)
ArthurPewty Tue 04-Jan-11 17:23:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marne Tue 04-Jan-11 17:43:29

I'm still growing my thicker skin grin, dd2 has a badge which i got from e-bay which she wears whenever we go somewhere where she will be around other children/parents. We also got her a t-shirt last year but she hasn't worn it yet as it was too big (i might put it on her in the summer), i had a lovely lady come up to me in the doctors saying how great dd's badge was and she said 'i bet it stops people from asuming she is naughty', i think it helps and dd gets a lot more friendly people/parents talking to her.
I'm sure we will get thicker skin as they get older, i find it hard taking the dd's out and have stoped going to soft play (due to other parents).

ArthurPewty Tue 04-Jan-11 17:58:39

5inthebed Tue 04-Jan-11 18:05:53

I try to avoid soft plays with Ds2 as it brings out the worse in all children. DS2 doesn't understand the etiquette of soft plays anyway, and usually only ever sits at the top of the slides and shoves kids down anyway hmm

I bought him a t shirt last year, it says "Autistic by day, deadly ninja by night" grin

It is hard to ignore other peoples glares and ignorance, hope you're feeling a bit better getting it off your chest.

bullet234 Tue 04-Jan-11 18:28:56

I love that slogan 5inthebed grin.
The other parents weren't very understanding LeonieDelt. I've always felt grateful to the mum of the baby who Ds1 hit at a soft play once who accepted mine and his apologies and was lovely about it.

ArthurPewty Tue 04-Jan-11 18:34:56

tabulahrasa Tue 04-Jan-11 18:46:39

not that I'm saying you shouldn't have told your wee one that it's not ok to bite, but...

if she didn't want her child being attacked in some form she should have made sure it wasn't winding up other kids :|

you can't let your child wind up another one and then get all annoyed when they lash out

ArthurPewty Tue 04-Jan-11 19:15:07

mariagoretti Tue 04-Jan-11 21:37:56

Bloomin precious yummy mummies and their dream bubbles. She's not cross with you or your dc really. She's angry cos of the incredible strain of ignoring his aggravating habits to maintain an imaginary picture.

Poor woman thinks he's a perfectly behaved, 'isn't he forward', first born dc in a pristine cardigan, about to be out of nappies at 18m despite only eating organic home-cooked broccoli purees. And so advanced that she can let him roam unsupervised in a soft play without him becoming either biter or bitee.

Wait till she has her next one...

ArthurPewty Tue 04-Jan-11 21:42:10

StartingAfresh Tue 04-Jan-11 22:18:16

Get her a t-shirt that says 'Stay out of my way or I'll bite you', then simply point it out to the next parent and tell them it is their child's fault - LOL

Seriously. Poor you. Was the other child alright? You need to grow a thicker skin though. You would probably be quite livid yourself if another child had bitten one of yours. Even if there was a perfectly good reason for it, us parents don't like to see our kids come to harm.

DayShiftDoris Wed 05-Jan-11 04:32:49

He child will bite / hit / kick some other kid at some point - kids generally dont need a dx to do so...

I wouldn't have even explained, just apologised and left it at that.

You are a MUCH better mummy than me... the last time that happened to me at a soft play area I was with friend who have known son since he was a baby (now 6yrs) - a girl came off the play stuff crying about a 'boy in a red top' (yep that will be mine then!) with a gaggle of similarly aged girls telling stories around her dramatic sobs.

Yeah well this happens on semi regular basis (and we don't have a dx) and my lovely friends (who has seen me apologies profusely / discipline / cringe too often now) pulled their chairs round me, one whispered she knew they sobbing childs mummy and that she was incredibly 'yummy' and her daughter 'precious' and they FOREBID me to apologise. Infact they planned that if son came off the play frame before the group had left one of the others was going to claim ownership of him grin - he didn't thank god (think he saw the death stare I gave him from afar wink)

It didn't stop the sick feeling when they started talking about how child 'like that' should not be allowed in to play areas with other 'nice' children and tif he had a 'problem' then the play centre should have seperate sessions.
(and they thought he was part of the after school club that is run there so it was for our benefit)

Yeah I wouldn't worry... and no I don't lend my mates out for outings grin

ArthurPewty Wed 05-Jan-11 07:22:19

ArthurPewty Wed 05-Jan-11 07:25:18

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 05-Jan-11 07:48:27

LD

Your child acted as she did because she was provoked by this other child. I would argue too that this other mother should have stopped her beloved boy from being in your DDs face all the time and holding onto the block long before he was bitten. These people do not watch their children at all closely to make sure that they are behaving themselves.

This child pushed yours to her limit, no wonder she bit him. I would also hazard a guess that the other child took some delight as well in winding up your child by holding onto the block. Some of these younger reception age children can be blooming awful primarily because of their precious parents who think their own offspring can do no wrong (and who are never told off for any misdeamenour).

purplepidjbauble Wed 05-Jan-11 09:36:25

Sorry, Leonie, I didn't realise about how much the other kid had been winding her up when I saw this on FB. Sounds to me like it's the other kids fault, and DD2 reacted in a pretty NT way. The PFB shouldn't have been snatching, so here is a present for PFB's snotty, rude cowbag of a yummy mummy

biscuitbearbiscuit

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: