Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA have just rung and asked me lots of questions and for the first time I feel quite hopeful...

(8 Posts)
justaboutmaintainingorder Tue 04-Jan-11 17:08:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marne Tue 04-Jan-11 17:44:52

Fingers crossed for you, when we did dd2's first DLA claim I had a lady phone up, 2 weeks after dd2 was awarded higher rate.

fightingtheurgetomn Tue 04-Jan-11 17:53:20

Justa - do you not have a dx yet then? I was thinking of claiming for my ds (no dx apart from 'behavioural difficulties' but suspected AS).He does have some sensory processing difficulties too.Didn't know if it would be worthwhile to bother or not. Have a statement of 20+ hours so presumably that would be helpful.

Lougle Tue 04-Jan-11 19:03:23

well done Justabout smile - it can only go up, can't it?

fightingtheurgetomn - I put DD1's first claim in when she was described as 'GDD' and had just got her epilepsy dx. The only evidence I had of her needs was that pre-school were giving her 1:1, and she had a spikey profile on the SGSII. She was awarded HRC for 2 years initially. Now, we have a dx of a brain malformation, and she has a blue badge, goes to special school. But back then she was just 'a bit behind'.

justaboutmaintainingorder Tue 04-Jan-11 20:05:23

woolyxmastree Tue 04-Jan-11 21:35:17

Good luck justa, sounds promising. Ill keep everything crossed for you.

fightingtheurgetomn Tue 04-Jan-11 21:53:01

Thanks Lougle. Justa - I was told ds has sensory processing difficulties by OT but when I asked if it was SPD she couldn't confirm that so we don't have a dx as such. Think I will request a form and have a look.

justaboutmaintainingorder Wed 05-Jan-11 12:47:08

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: