Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ds1 age 12 offers insight using toy story

(8 Posts)
jellyhead Mon 03-Jan-11 19:20:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedtinsel Mon 03-Jan-11 19:24:51

Bless him.

Dd3 [8 no dx but probably ASD] often gives the impression of a great imagination when she is playing dolls or playmobil, but if you listen carefully she is always reinacting something thathas happened to her.

Her games follow the same pattern mostly but she does get pleasure from playing like this.
Maybe your Ds was doing some of this when he was younger, don't feel bad.

jellyhead Mon 03-Jan-11 19:33:05

lisad123isasnuttyasaboxoffrogs Mon 03-Jan-11 19:49:53

I cried first time I saw this at home knowing neither of my girls will ever do this I used to love pretending as a child

Ineedtinsel Mon 03-Jan-11 20:01:46

The thing is though lisad, they don't realise that they are missing anything. Dd3 is happy when she is playing her way. Dd2[15 NT] was very creative in the way she played, but I wouldn't say she had more fun, it was just different.

Dd3 uses her play to work through tricky situations sometimes, I have heard her being a teacher, doctor, childminder, mum. She replays situations she has been in to help her sort them out [I think], but she definatly gets pleasure from doing it.

Spinkle Mon 03-Jan-11 20:06:23

My DS does that too.

Sometimes he surprises me though. He got a white flannel at bathtime and hung it over the edge of the bath and told me it was Angel Falls (we'd been looking at picture of waterfalls on the internet).

I think they can do it but that it comes along later.

TotalChaos Mon 03-Jan-11 20:12:46

Lisa, u never know, my ds was worlds away from imaginative play at three and four, but now he is nearly seven he does the play like andy. Of course sometimes there is no way to figure out what is copied and what is spontaneous...... But especially with dd2 it may well come

jellyhead Mon 03-Jan-11 22:25:57

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: