Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

(15 Posts)
LollipopViolet Fri 31-Dec-10 12:14:43

Since I know lots of people may have ones that those on other boards probably won't "get" here's a thread for us all. What are you aiming to do in 2011?

Me:
Finish my degree, and get a job based on my skills not the fact I have a disability
Move to Manchester with my friend H
If the above happens, learn all the necessary bus and tram routes I'll need in Manchester (a big deal as I HATE doing new bus routes and am not good with directions)
Find a flat or house that's accessible for H (so ground floor, or with a decent lift, or a house big enough to store her wheelchair)

So, anyone care to share theirs?

kittyfu Fri 31-Dec-10 12:21:31

yours are much more interesting than mine lollipop. mine are to finally finish sorting and updating ds paperwork folders and to move house.

fightingtheurgetoscream Fri 31-Dec-10 12:33:40

Now sm is finalised aim to ensure ds gets proper provision.
Look at moving house nearer to his new school.
Try to save some money.
Eat less.
Mn a bit less grin

wendihouse22 Fri 31-Dec-10 19:42:51

I'm going to "buy" or seriously try to organise my ds a friend. Just one companion to spend some time with. He's on his own all the time. I'm his 48 yr old mummy, NOT his buddy.

He doesn't leave the house at all because of his autism and his (new) OCD which has taken over all our lives. He's an only child too.....oh God! the guilt I feel.....

fightingtheurgetoscream Fri 31-Dec-10 19:56:02

Know how you feel Wendi - ds has no friends but is hoping the next year at new school will bring him some sad

1980Sport Fri 31-Dec-10 20:04:28

Mine are to lose my baby weight from ds2, run a half marathon, stop getting so annoyed/hurt/upset by the stupid things my mother says, get ds1 on his feet before his 3rd birthday, stop obsessing about his dx and focus on the ot/physio/slt!!

Happy new year everyone!

NorthernSky Fri 31-Dec-10 20:23:19

Message deleted

ArthurPewty Fri 31-Dec-10 20:54:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

donkeyderby Sat 01-Jan-11 02:23:39

Along with the usual list of things I resolve each year and never do, I would like to move to a house with a bigger garden where I can invite friends with SN kids round and enjoy the sun - it will come one day!

signandsingcarols Sat 01-Jan-11 07:47:31

I am going to use the sports centre pass I am about to buy to go swimming each week, (just for me, not to accompany ds, which I do).
Should be more, but know I won't keep to that grin.

Am gonna sort out the bedrooms, (full of dh's crap collections, grin)

Am going to carry on sorting out the garden...

TheCrunchyside Sun 02-Jan-11 00:10:22

I'm going to try to have some fun in 2011. Last year was rubbish full of doom gloom and paperwork. Medically I'm worried we'll have more bad news about ds but I really want to have some good times with my gorgeous kids.

TheCrunchyside Sun 02-Jan-11 00:10:24

I'm going to try to have some fun in 2011. Last year was rubbish full of doom gloom and paperwork. Medically I'm worried we'll have more bad news about ds but I really want to have some good times with my gorgeous kids.

MotherJack Sun 02-Jan-11 00:17:09

What a lovely idea Northernsky - I have an expensive book which I now know doesn't relate to DS so I will donate it to Cerebra. I was wondering what to do with it!!

My New Years resolution is to stop doubting myself and thinking of myself as a rubbish parent with a naughty child and go for the diagnosis his Paed says is clear to her.

.. and to relax. 2010 was not a year to relax.

NorthernSky Sun 02-Jan-11 15:45:50

Message deleted

signandsingcarols Sun 02-Jan-11 16:10:48

Just wanted to say 'good for you' crunchy I do like that as a goal... think I will nick it too! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now