Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can anyone help please?

(13 Posts)
shaz298 Thu 30-Dec-10 14:11:42

Hi,

I would like to ask a favour of anyone who can help. For those of you whose little ones have mic-key buttons.................

When you next change the button, if you don't use it yourself, would it be possible to send me the bolus extension set which comes in the kit. It fits a catheter tip syringe and is slightly thicker than other extension sets and goes straight in, it doesn't lie flat.

I suspect most folks just throw these away.I use these, however as they are much easier for giving real food through ( as most will know we have just started giving Luuk real food through his tube) and CCN isn't able to get me this type of extension. Also be happy to have any which are lying around unused. I sterilize everything anyway so don't need to be kept sterile or anything.

Obviously I will reimburse any costs.

Thank you so much in advance.

Sharon xx

P.S. A Happy, Healthy New Year to everyone when it comes.

xx

meltedmarsbars Thu 30-Dec-10 17:05:38

Sorry, they don't come with any gubbins anymore - just the mickey on its own.

sorry!

shaz298 Thu 30-Dec-10 19:11:21

That's ok, just 'begging' for those which would normally go in the bin.

Someone on SKIUK is going to get me the code for them smile xx

starfishmummy Fri 31-Dec-10 00:00:42

Hi Shaz - we don't get the extra bits now either - pct are cost cutting and just ordering the button by itself

shaz298 Fri 31-Dec-10 00:04:30

Didn't know you could do that. If I didn't need the tubes I'd ask for that. We get a huge box with syringes, extension sets etc in it and not easy to always have with you!. xx

glittery Fri 31-Dec-10 10:45:54

bugger, i just flung a load out!

glittery Fri 31-Dec-10 10:48:33

still got 2 Nutricia Flocare mickey compatible ones you can have, i'll stick them in the post to you (we got them sent by mistake from Homeward)

starfishmummy Fri 31-Dec-10 11:55:30

Yes = instead of the big box with the extra syringes and tubes in they just order a button by itself which is cheaper. It has caused problems a couple of times when Homeward have been out of stock (and we needed an immediate replacement having used our spare) as they have to get permission from the dietitians to send the one with "the bits".

meltedmarsbars Fri 31-Dec-10 15:09:06

Homeward don't supply the buttons here - only the giving sets, feed, extensions, etc. I have to go to Hospital to get the actual buttons.

shaz298 Sun 02-Jan-11 16:28:36

Glittery, thanks a million. Think I must owe you a lunch by now

Not good for those of you who are having a tricky time with having them sent out.

Thanksa everyone. xx

glittery Sun 02-Jan-11 22:26:19

yeah we must do lunch sometime, something healthy of course, lol

shaz298 Mon 03-Jan-11 09:43:23

Of course wouldn't dream of having an unhealthy lunch grin x

glittery Mon 03-Jan-11 09:47:27

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: