Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Do you all have tidy houses?

(51 Posts)
chocolatespread Thu 23-Dec-10 22:19:09

I'm not lazy, I do try hard, but I never seem to match up to 'normal' tidyness-wise blush. I know it gets my DH down (not in the sense that he wishes I'd do more, but more kind of he wishes we had the circumstances to be tidier) but I have three aged 7, 5 and 2 and DS2 has 'loops' as we call them of turning all paper into confetti (a broadsheet can be confettied in 5 mins flat), posting things everywhere, wrapping items from all over the house up in newspaper, etc. Also, as it is, I often don't sit down 'til 10 or 11, without then deciding to do housework.

Now, these seem like decent reasons to me, but if you all have tidy houses and some of you have greater difficulties than mine, then I need to get my act together more.

waitingforgodot Thu 23-Dec-10 22:31:23

nope-my house is a tip

Ineedtinsel Thu 23-Dec-10 22:56:12

Mines organised chaosgrin.

Lougle Thu 23-Dec-10 23:00:25

Well, let's just say, I am glad this is the internet grin

lisad123isasnuttyasaboxoffrogs Thu 23-Dec-10 23:01:54

mine is clean but never tidy grin

lorrikeet Thu 23-Dec-10 23:46:21

nope. not tidy no way!

chuckeyegg Fri 24-Dec-10 06:15:36

Yes very tidy. grin in my dreams.

chuckeyegg Fri 24-Dec-10 06:21:03

But then I've always dreamt of a white christmas so maybe it wouldn't be so good!

justaboutmaintainingorder Fri 24-Dec-10 08:08:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

beachholiday Fri 24-Dec-10 08:32:00

How long before my "just moved in" excuse runs out? (3 years?)

amberlight Fri 24-Dec-10 08:56:55

Nope, not a sign of tidiness anywhere

bigcar Fri 24-Dec-10 09:15:18

hahahahahaha. No.

beach, I'm still using that one almost 3 years on grin

kittyfu Fri 24-Dec-10 09:24:26

your not alone, mines clean but never tidy. currently i keep checking the house for unrolled toilet paper as of course its santas list of naughty and nice. i have to catch it quickly because its not long before it goes from a list to confetti grin

ArthurPewty Fri 24-Dec-10 09:31:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

silverfrog Fri 24-Dec-10 09:31:23

ha! beachholiday grin

that's my excuse too (mind you, we have moved house 4 times in the last 6 years, so couple that wiht toddlers and SN and we are in permanent chaos round here!

am slowly chipping away at it, now that dd1 is at school fulltime, but it is very ssslllllooooooowwwww progress.

starfishmummy Fri 24-Dec-10 09:31:52

Tidy. I do not understand this word.

sarah293 Fri 24-Dec-10 09:32:11

Message withdrawn

signandsingcarols Fri 24-Dec-10 09:45:49

oh ladies, you have gladdened my heart, bless you all. (from that I think you can imagine state of sign's house.) and I have to say LoL at justabout

I knew I liked and trusted the portage teacher when I looked at the lounge the morning she was coming and thought, oh sod it, I am not hoovering grin, but yes the idea of tidying the bits people see and nevermind the rest... I am a bit blush at only having one ds... but I do have messy dh too.... (he is lovely and if I point out things will tidy, but doesn't 'see' it himself. altho he 'sees' my mess! hmm

However (in an effort to re-claime some self esteem, wink I have recently designed and built full height (floor to ceiling) bespoke bookcase for the spare room to try and tidy up some of dh's books....

pinkorkid Fri 24-Dec-10 10:02:49

Nope, very scary here. DD1 with heavy cold leaving trail of snotty tissues in her wake, dd2 aftermath of homemade decorations... and those are just the seasonal extras. We're trying the line: "if Santa breaks his leg trying to walk across the floor, he might not be able to give you your toys"

yoshysmum Fri 24-Dec-10 10:36:20

Nope, clean here but never tidy,ds is a mess bunny and so is dhgrin

Triggles Fri 24-Dec-10 11:36:24

... sorry... had to wait until I stopped laughing to post... tidy? our house? grin

Nope. Relatively clean, but cluttered and things just seem to be piled everywhere lately.

5ElvesMooningSanta Fri 24-Dec-10 11:41:50

My house was tidy yesterday after I blitzed the two DC's bedrooms. Today however DS2 and DS3 have been helpfully emptying all the toy boxes hmm

Usually, I don't tidy until the DC are in bed anyway as there is no point!

So no, my house is never tidy as I am too exhausted by the end of the day to tidy up.

anonandlikeit Fri 24-Dec-10 11:43:18

it was before i discovered MN! But there is always something more interesting than housework to do grin

elliejjtiny Fri 24-Dec-10 13:34:38

A complete tip. DS1 is a destroyer and also wets himself so loads of washing to be done. DH reorganised the living room so all the toys are categorised into different boxes. I'm wondering whether to tidy up and get moaned at for things being in the wrong boxes or not bother and be moaned at for not tidying. Maybe I'll clean the bathroom while trying not to think about what chaos DS1 and DS2 are causing downstairs.

ouryve Fri 24-Dec-10 14:44:24

Not even read your post yet. My reaction to the thread title question is something like:

Hahahahaha!
Hahahahahahahahaha!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: