Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

getting DLA

(9 Posts)
cornyPrawnsdefrostJasonDonovan Thu 16-Dec-10 22:37:27

Got the letter telling us we are getting middle rate DLA today. When is it backdated to? I applied a couple of months ago - will I get it from then or now? hmm

zzzzz Thu 16-Dec-10 23:06:29

I think you get it from when they sent you the forms if they sent them by post and from when you logged it on-line if you did it that way. You need this answered by someone who's actually done it rather than prevaricating about it like me though blush

cornyPrawnsdefrostJasonDonovan Thu 16-Dec-10 23:09:17

thanks smile fingers crossed for backdated!

starfishmummy Fri 17-Dec-10 00:36:38

I think it should tell you on the letter somewhere. Probably hidden in the small print that no one reads!!

bensonbutnohedges Fri 17-Dec-10 11:20:00

You can always ring up and ask.

MrsMagnolia Fri 17-Dec-10 12:47:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cornyPrawnsdefrostJasonDonovan Fri 17-Dec-10 14:47:31

thanks
can't be arsed to ring! Was a fool and downloaded the forms - didn't tknow that requesting them meant it would be backdated to then.

hotmamalovespavlova Fri 17-Dec-10 14:49:05

I started application online on 22/9, submission had to be in by the 3/11 for them to back date it as long as you returned the forms by your deadline it will be back dated.

Remember to contact child tax credit too, didn't add anything to ours due to income but they also back dated as an entry on the form.

cornyPrawnsdefrostJasonDonovan Fri 17-Dec-10 14:50:17

thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: