Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

My dd is having a GA tomorrow to have some teeth out - what to expect

(11 Posts)
electra Tue 14-Dec-10 19:24:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sarah293 Tue 14-Dec-10 19:27:13

Message withdrawn

electra Tue 14-Dec-10 19:34:09

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Tue 14-Dec-10 19:35:46

they knocked my son out to remove some teeth.

I don't really remember that much about it blush it was a fair few years ago. I seem to recall he wasn't really out that deep or that long and we were certainly home fast enough.

It really went without a hitch and was no big deal.

Don't worry, it'll be fine. xx

FrostyTheCrunchyFrog Tue 14-Dec-10 19:36:22

DS1 was round in a couple of minutes and ready to go home 30 mins after the op.

Ate a brownie on the way home. grin

It was his baby front teeth,

sneezecakesmum Tue 14-Dec-10 20:05:32

Little 2 yo DGS had all his teeth out recently under GA - pretty traumatic but he has bounced back and was still blowing raspberries when he came round! His mouth looked horrendous though - like a bloodbath!

HOWEVER his was not the norm. I did discuss this beforehand with a dental nurse who worked in the same theatre DGS went to, and she said they had timed it once and a simple extraction was over and done with in 3 minutes - including simple gas anaesthesia. Also most kids were over it very quickly

electra Tue 14-Dec-10 20:27:52

bullet234 Tue 14-Dec-10 20:28:13

I had to have gas when I was 9 to have some teeth out as firstly my mouth was too small so the teeth were getting overcrowded and secondly I was too scared of the injections to be conscious.
Now, bearing in mind that my experience was over 25 years ago, so it may not apply. But the gas itself was fine, just felt like floating and drifting off to sleep, not tired as such, more like floating into a dream. Afterwards I was violently sick on the bus on the way home grin but quite calm and relaxed about the procedure.

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 14-Dec-10 21:08:10

Ds had gas ( for a different op to yours but a common minor one )... He did struggle a bit.. But soon was out.. He was absolutly fine
was a bit sick when he came round.. Nothing too bad though.

However.. ( and I wasn't warned about this, so will warn you).. Take tissues for yourself..! There was ds all fine and dandy but out cold.. And I was a blooming wreck! Really got to me!

By the time I'd finished blubbing on dh.. Ds was finished, out and I was called in to see him!

felt like a right dingbat!.. But just take tissues and the nurses have seen it all before!

And you little on will be fine

electra Wed 15-Dec-10 15:09:51

TheArsenicCupCake Wed 15-Dec-10 15:15:54

Glad it went well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now