Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Infant School SENCO Said...

(6 Posts)
IndigoBell Sat 11-Dec-10 11:30:12

SENCO and class teacher said "It's not bad parenting. There's no such thing as bad parenting."

I feel so supported by them. I could cry with relief.

Then they said it sounded I needed extra suport dealing with DS2s challenging behaviour - and would I like to come in and talk to them every week?

Bet you all wish you had my fantastic SENCO grin

(They said all this despite saying that they don't see any challenging behaviour at school - which I think they don't. He's a little angel at school grin)

fightingtheurgetoscream Sat 11-Dec-10 12:16:54

envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy

justaboutdreamsofsleep Sat 11-Dec-10 12:44:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedtinsel Sat 11-Dec-10 13:31:36

WOW indigo thats brilliant!! lucky you and your Ds grin.

Can we all share her. grin.

Triggles Sat 11-Dec-10 15:19:04

Very nice! Hate it when they automatically assume parenting is the problem. angry

That being said, our SENCO made a joke at multi agency meeting about DS2 having numerous head injuries and something along the lines of "you'd think something was being done to him at home!" ... in front of the paed, and everyone... shock I spoke up straight away and said "well, since every head injury he's had has been while he's in the school's care, I'd say I'm the one who should be concerned about what's being done to him here!" angry. I demanded that the headteacher speak to the paediatrician as the paed was saying "oh well the school can ask how an injury occurred..." and didn't realise the SENCO was making a poor joke! I was quite shocked as the SENCO has been brilliant - I think it was just a case of poor judgement on her part. I will be following up with the paed to make sure that's been clarified. I was very very angry about it though. What a stupid comment to make! (they also confirmed to me later that they had absolutely no concern about DS2's care at home, it was just a joke) Who in their right mind thinks that's an appropriate place to make that kind of comment?? hmm

Thank god she makes up for her abysmal humour by generally doing a very good job. I was quite horrified by it though, just never expected her to say anything like that - it seems so unprofessional.

TheArsenicCupCake Sat 11-Dec-10 15:44:28

I think a good SENCO is worth so much.. Hang on to them for dear life !

Beats " I think he just needs to grow up and not ruse to other children being silly"

( btw other children were bullying ds physically and calling him a retard!)

grrrrrr

our new SENCO is attending arsenic bootcamp after saying " I don't see any issues."" and then went on to moan about ds having a problem with perception!
DOH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now