Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

please help get Stephen Home!!

(10 Posts)

story here

LAd with ASD being locked up in MH ward!!

Petition here

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 10-Dec-10 21:37:58

Message withdrawn

pinkorkid Fri 10-Dec-10 22:05:07

Thanks Lisa for highlighting this. Signed the petition.

Also sent off the following quick email to their "safeguarding adults, report suspected abuse of vulnerable adults" email address (details underneath) as the description of social services behaviour in this case sounds suspiciously like it breaks some of their own guidelines to me.

I found it shocking to read the description here :
http://www.annaraccoon.com/politics/the-orwellian- present-%E2%80%93-never-mind-the-future/
of how a young man with autism has been deprived of his liberty due to a misunderstanding of his condition, mismanagement and apparent placing of cost-cutting above his needs and welfare.
As a parent of an autistic child,I would be interested to know how social services can justify the actions described in this report. Is this what other families with autistic children have to look forward to?

Contact details for Safeguarding adults services:
Name: Safeguarding adults service
Description: If you are concerned about someone who is a victim of abuse or if you think someone maybe abusing another person.

Email: socialcaredirect@hillingdon.gov.uk

Address: 3W/11
Civic Centre
High Street
Uxbridge
Middlesex
UB8 1UW

Would other parents of autistic children consider doing the same (similar to the mumsnet nappies campaign)? Individual emails/letters requiring replies, I think, may sometimes make a greater impact than just adding a name to a petition.

thanks lisa have signed. shocking sad

NorthernSky Fri 10-Dec-10 22:59:11

Message deleted

Ineedtinsel Sat 11-Dec-10 15:16:09

Have signed... don't know what else to say shock.

SantasMooningArse Sat 11-Dec-10 15:18:37

AM signing and also sending off the link to my uni lecturer who knows people with real influence (eg the people on the NICE committee)

Every little helps and all

bullet234 Sat 11-Dec-10 17:52:08

Oh dear god sad.

siblingrivalry Sat 11-Dec-10 18:09:35

Have signed. Thanks for linking Lisa. x

ArthurPewty Sat 11-Dec-10 18:44:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now