Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Stupid mother

(9 Posts)
Spinkle Fri 10-Dec-10 20:17:03

in DS' school playground yesterday.

Asked me if I'd like to help with the PTA afternoon today. Erm, no I replied. I have to look after my son because you PTA people keep organising 'fun' activities he cannot do.

Bearing in mind he hasn't had a full week in school for the past 3 (which impacts on my life)and that I've spent my working life for the last 2 weeks ankle deep in bleeding glitter, then no I didn't fancy it.

Maybe she didn't know. Maybe I should have said 'no' nicely.

Oh well.

purplepidjbauble Fri 10-Dec-10 20:21:59

Put her on the list if people who just don't have a fucking clue sad

willowthecat Fri 10-Dec-10 20:23:04

or 'Yes - let's organise some fun events all the children can go to - are you free to be my son's 1-1 ?'

purplepidjbauble Fri 10-Dec-10 20:30:40

Ooh, what an opportunity! Get some SN friendly activities organised. That means you are officially allowed to treat the bitchy mums as if they have an IQ equivalent to their DCs age...

elliejjtiny Fri 10-Dec-10 20:31:58

I think I would have said the same thing.

Triggles Sat 11-Dec-10 23:43:00

Hard to say what the best reply would be. People like that are clueless, and generally wouldn't take a hint if it was dropped with an anvil. sigh

Spinkle Sun 12-Dec-10 07:46:49

Think I'm slowly becoming as autistic as DS. I cannot be arsed to explain myself to anyone anymore. Can't bear meeting new people.

I had to go on a works course last week and instead of the sit down lunch thing and making nicey nicey chat I drove to Tesco, bought a sandwich and sat in my car and ate it. It was great to have a whole hour to myself!!

I've given up with the Yummies in the playground now. Talk to talk, don't talk to me, I don't care...(but I'd prefer they didn't tbh)

Triggles Sun 12-Dec-10 14:43:08

Spinkle - I'm the same way about the playground mums. They have a tendency to travel in packs. hmm There are a couple I speak to in passing, but I don't worry too much about it.

I don't feel it necessary to explain myself (or DS2) to anyone, and it really gets my back up when people do the tutting thing and such - often they stand there like they're waiting for you to say something. And I don't like to give them the satisfaction of an explanation - most of them discount ASD anyway and put it down to bad parenting. angry On my worst days, I tend to get a bit snarly with people like that. blush

wendihouse22 Sun 12-Dec-10 18:30:04

It's like an extension of your ds...... they don't fit and frankly, neither do I.

I relocated last year to Cheshire and find it really difficult to "start all over again" making friends...... I just haven't done it and find, it's OK.

Sprinkle, I'm with you.....I just get pissed off having to explain myself. All those "yummies" in their little groups of say 4 or 5 with kids who all know each other and they're in with the in crowd.

I can't do that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: