Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sick of no sleep

(12 Posts)
sarah293 Fri 10-Dec-10 05:43:03

Message withdrawn

purplepidjbauble Fri 10-Dec-10 07:08:47

<intravenous coffee>

April the 9th. April the 9th. April the 9th...

donkeyderby Fri 10-Dec-10 07:31:57

I empathise. I had a 2am start yesterday, finally settled at 5am. I slept during the day then couldn't get back to sleep last night! Gah. I lost my rag and shouted back. Sadly, it was effective

sarah293 Fri 10-Dec-10 07:37:12

Message withdrawn

donkeyderby Fri 10-Dec-10 08:22:45

didn't stop DS waking up at 4am today and shouting until school drop off. At least DH got up for him this time so I don't feel fully insane

sarah293 Fri 10-Dec-10 08:27:35

Message withdrawn

Marne Fri 10-Dec-10 09:00:52

Riven, it must be so hard for you sad, we had a bad night last night because dd2 was poorly (some kind of bug, high temp, sickness), i think i had 1 hour sleep, dh slept like a log, i let him sleep as he has a 12 hour shift at work today. I feel drained. I often have to get up with dd2 in the night and sometimes to dd1 but i don't know if i could do what you do. Can you get any sleep during the day when she's at school? I'm hoping dd2 will fall asleep (she keeps drifting off) so i can have an hours kip but its hard to sleep when you know they might need you.

DJAngel Fri 10-Dec-10 11:01:59

I feel your pain.. dd2 having a very bad phase as well at the moment.. She's waking just as I'm about to go to bed - for an hour or so.. and been waking at 4am or 5am for the day. I feel quite sick when I have to get up in the night currently. Last week ds1 (NT) was really ill and awake too in the night with really high fevers and it was crazy...

Really feeling that the sleep deprivation is going to lead to me having to give up work.. That scares the shit out of me.. even though I only work two days.. So hard to function at work. Sleep deprivation is pure fucking hell isn't it..

Feeling so unable to cope at the moment with everything and I'm sure things would feel easier if I could get more kip..

Hope we all have a better night tonight, and Marne, hope your dd is feeling better soon, saw from your other post she's really poorly..

sarah293 Fri 10-Dec-10 15:29:40

Message withdrawn

intothewest Fri 10-Dec-10 15:53:39

Feel for you Riven-we get the broken nights,early mornings etc,but I don't have to wake up all the time to turn him-I agree,try to get as much rest as poss during the day-can you shop on line and get it delivered?

donkeyderby Fri 10-Dec-10 15:54:39

Yes. It is the same in our house when all this sleeplessness goes on. I end up eating shit food and drinking too much wine and not being able to plan anything or think. thank god I'm not still a nurse giving out drugs!

wendihouse22 Fri 10-Dec-10 19:14:50

I used to be a nurse. Worked nights for years. It nearly killed me with my son who needed so little sleep. I'd go 36 hours + on no more than 2 or 3 hours kip.

I don't do it anymore.

I feel for you, I really really do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now