Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Tactile defensiveness/ SPD

(8 Posts)
LeninGrad Tue 07-Dec-10 13:10:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

purplepidjbauble Tue 07-Dec-10 20:57:09

Only the usual stuff from me, I'm afraid - weighted blanket/vest/lap pad? playdough/plasticine? sprinkling with pasta/rice/flour? therapy putty (you can make it at home)

I'm pretty sure you've thought of those, but have a bump so someone better sees your thread

LeninGrad Tue 07-Dec-10 22:00:33

purplepidjbauble Tue 07-Dec-10 22:19:15

Also, brushing can be good... I saw a good tutorial by an American mum (bit patronising but explained well) the other day, give me a minute to hunt it down on youtube smile

purplepidjbauble Tue 07-Dec-10 22:20:42

It was in my history still grin

Try this

purplepidjbauble Tue 07-Dec-10 22:24:25

And if you're stuck, maybe plan to try one thing at a time for two week periods to see if it helps.

Eg,
13-28 Dec 10 minutes daily playdough
29 Dec - 11 Jan 10 minutes daily sprinkling
12 - 25 Jan 10 minutes daily theraputty
26 Jan - 10 Feb 10 minutes daily brushing and joint compression

That's all the cheap ones, and if something works ditch the rest and keep doing it? At least this way it's split into smaller tasks and shouldn't be too overwhelming for you. And you can isolate what works.

LeninGrad Wed 08-Dec-10 10:22:34

purplepidjbauble Wed 08-Dec-10 21:24:06

If it helps, I have a hobby handmaking and selling fashionable clothes for SN kids that cater for sensory issues/extra room for nappies/ etc. I can't knit, so can't do socks, but I do plain trousers for a tenner and fancy ones for fifteen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: