Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

UKYAP or Autism Partnership

(4 Posts)
sonia29k Tue 07-Dec-10 09:48:18

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I need some advice from you.my dd is autistic.we are planing to try ABA for her. I would like to know which one is better UKYAP or Autism Partnership. I get to know that as money wise both cost same. I want to know which one provides best services in London. I want to hear from the families who are using UKYAP or Autism Partnership.pls help me to make this decision.
thank you.

Agnesdipesto Tue 07-Dec-10 21:36:32

We use AP in Leeds. We are really impressed with the Leeds staff. I have not met their London staff but I would say their in house training is excellent. The US oversight is a real bonus as they bring lots of ideas over which moves the ABA they do on all the time. I know some families who have seen other ABA up north and says it does not even compare to AP. However I have no experience of UKYAP so can't offer a comparison there. They are no tie ins with AP, you can stop services at a days notice. They were flexible eg we could only afford supervision and no tutors for 6 months and did the tutor role ourselves (we could also only manage 20 hours) and they were happy to go along with that. They are also very pro mainstream school especially for children who are more able and work alot in mainstream. I think your best bet is to ask both to put you in touch with parents with children of similar age and observe some ABA. AP were happy to organise this. We have no complaints.

smallwhitecat Tue 07-Dec-10 22:57:10

Message withdrawn

electra Wed 08-Dec-10 11:23:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now