Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

good news thread

(31 Posts)
goingroundthebend4 Mon 06-Dec-10 14:50:54

Ds is starting to read and recognise words.5.6 with Gdd severe verbaland oral dyspraia , hype rmoblityl low muscle tone

If you ask him which is mum , dad , is , me etc he can recognise them and sign them .Was so proud that he came home from school with a proper reading book.Not bad for a dc that was written of when starte din rec eption in ms now in speech unit and differance in teaching has made the differance

magso Mon 06-Dec-10 15:12:05

Wow that is brilliant!
I have good news too- ds has learnt to colour in! We actually sat in a cafe whilst ds coloured in the placemat thing. He is 11 (LD/ASD) and it is the first time he has been able to sit and wait without a toy or ds! I know you will understand the milestone!

shaz298 Mon 06-Dec-10 15:19:04

My little boy has had real food this last week for the 1st time in his life. He'll be 6 in Feb. He is completely tube fed and I've been blending up real foor and putting it in his tube.

It's going so well thata) he has normal poo for the 1st time b) I have been able to stop 2 of his medicines - Senna and Ondansetron c) He is taking in more calories and volume of real food than he could formula d) He is now interested in food when he has never before and e)He has complained twice of being hungry - never ever complained before!!!

Very happy mummy grin

goingroundthebend4 Mon 06-Dec-10 16:11:22

Magso

small things to some but for us there big things

And shaz have been following yours and ds story on skituk

IndigoBell Mon 06-Dec-10 16:16:53

Wow! Fantastic news all of you.

Hope some more people come on with more good news. grin

badkitty Mon 06-Dec-10 17:14:39

I like a good news thread Nice to hear such milestones!

My DS is 2 on Friday! He has come a long way in the last few months. His crawling is getting better, he can crawl to the sofa, stand up, walk precariously along the sofa holding on with one hand (looking like a very wobbly tightrope walker grin ) and in the last 2 weeks has even learnt to get himself down safely-ish. A couple of times he has even turned with his back to the sofa and attempted to take a step forward - he falls over straight away but he is trying! I wonder what the next year will bring...

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 06-Dec-10 17:16:33

Message withdrawn

proudmum74 Mon 06-Dec-10 17:42:07

These are really lovely stories!

I have 2 pieces to add:

1) We've finally been picked up by portage this week (after 8 months on the waiting list) - Hurrah!!

2) DD has has just learnt to roll - I'm so proud!

shaz298 Mon 06-Dec-10 18:06:35

Goingroundthebend4 - who are you on SKIUK???

xx

glittery Mon 06-Dec-10 19:26:48

the first person on our kielder week!

lostinwales Mon 06-Dec-10 19:36:42

Brilliant OP I'm so pleased for you and DS.

At parents evening last week DS1 (Dyspraxia/ASD) has gone from having 1:1 to working on his own and being given the top set of work for english/welsh (we'll ignore the maths for now ok wink) I may send his OT a mahoosive bunch of flowers.

mariagoretti Mon 06-Dec-10 19:56:58

Aaah. Please keep posting everyone, this is cheering me up loads.

Lougle Mon 06-Dec-10 20:19:10

grin

5ElvesMooningSanta Mon 06-Dec-10 20:21:59

grin

Nice to read positive stories. Well done to all these DC.

Spinkle Mon 06-Dec-10 20:48:04

Nice to read grin.

We've had a so so day at school apparently. This is an improvement from last week.

I'll take anything

shaz298 Mon 06-Dec-10 21:40:48

School, you mean your schools are open? DS school been closed since last Monday!!! xx

Good news though.x

goingroundthebend4 Tue 07-Dec-10 08:22:52

shaz dc here have envy there all in we had a dusting of snow thats its though is dam cold ds3 has best option as least door to door

intothewest Tue 07-Dec-10 10:33:35

Good news- Our good news is that after posting on here a few weeks ago about will my ds ever be out of nappies,he has started to 'perform' on the loo- early days,but we are all so pleased,including ds smile

shaz298 Tue 07-Dec-10 11:02:26

Yipee!!!

SweetTalkinWoman Tue 07-Dec-10 13:44:08

Can I join in? DD (ASD) did a poo on the loo, and also sang the Postman Pat Song from beginning to end smile on Sunday. Not bad for a non-verbal little girl!

I'm finding it's the small things, such as the odd smile with eye contact, that keeps me up when I'm feeling down.

Great stuff everyone!

auntevil Tue 07-Dec-10 14:15:31

My good news is my dyspraxic 8 year old was man of the house yesterday. I got knocked with this vomiting bug and it totally poleaxed me - i couldn't even stand up. He got his younger brothers breakfast, lunch and dinner. He entertained them all day - he was marvellous. Quite a bit of cleaning up today - particularly the microwave, but all of them are happy and in 1 piece. he's my star.

mariagoretti Tue 07-Dec-10 14:32:59

No violence at breakfast time this morning, and independently followed the teeth-shoes-coat-car schedule. Made it to school on time grin

lostinwales Tue 07-Dec-10 19:28:17

Wow mariagoretti, I very rarely get that with NT DS2, I'm very impressed! grin

ghoulsforgodot Tue 07-Dec-10 19:34:03

I love the good news threads.
Can I share mine?
My DS (4 with ASD dx) won the Headteacher Award for working so well at nursery this week!
Also, he was very avoidant of the hoover UNTIL this week where I switched it on while he was in the room and he wanted to do my hoovering!!! Feel like we have turned a huge corner with some sensory stuff.

signandsingcarols Tue 07-Dec-10 20:00:32

lovely to hear everyone's good news, well done to all ds's and dd's (and to all mummys for all the hard work and support!)

this week ds recognised the words 'bookaboo' and 'sky' he pointed at them on the telly and when I said what's that? he signed the right signs, bless him, not reading but recognised a word, so proud!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now