Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Family Fund Extra - card?

(5 Posts)
Anna85 Mon 06-Dec-10 13:56:50

I have had a support lady come out who mentioned Family Fund Extra where ur given a card which entitles u to discount?

I have tried to search for it but couldn't find any information.

I know about the Family Fund but she said Family Fund Extra wasn't means tested.

Thanks

bigcar Mon 06-Dec-10 14:05:21

I've not heard of this card but have heard of family fund extra here it's more a shopping site that raises money for the family fund.

Anna85 Mon 06-Dec-10 14:24:13

Thats what I saw....no idea where the card thing came from!

bigcar Mon 06-Dec-10 14:40:52

some las run a register service that give you a card that lets you get a small discount on leisure services, maybe that's what she meant?

drewfamily Wed 08-Dec-10 09:35:28

You can email extraoffers@familyfund.org.uk if you care for a disabled child or young person in the family and you will be sent details of retail discounts that have been set up especially to benefit families - they include Comet, Love2shop high street vouchers, 3 mobile, AA breakdown cover, BSM, Haven etc. You will not get a discount card but will receive instructions on how to redeem each of the offers in the email.

The Family Fund extra website is a price comparison site with a difference where anyone can save money by comparing prices on all your online shopping but every click to a retailer from the site will donate money to the Family Fund charity, enabling them to help more families with the things they need the most - see www.familyfundextra.org.uk - I try to use it as much as poss.

You can also find out more info about Family Fund extra and the Family Fund itself on facebook www.facebook.com/familyfund or twitter www.twitter.com/familyfund

I hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now