Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Lesley Olwang

(2 Posts)
mariagoretti Thu 02-Dec-10 20:51:35

Was mentioned in passing in another thread. Which books / articles about measuring social skills outcomes would you recommend?

working9while5 Thu 02-Dec-10 21:46:17

Hi

She's a name I remember from my undergrad days so perhaps not the no 1 expert but I always remember her name precisely because when I looked into this issue as an undergrad, it was so difficult to find references on social skills outcomes.

The article was:
Olswang, L., Coggins, T., & Timler, G. (2001). Alternative measures for evaluating outcomes: outcome measures for school-age children with social communication problems. Topics in Language Disorders, 21(4), 50-73.

There is some info on assessments of social communication including standardised and nonstandardised tasks [http://depts.washington.edu/soccomm/assessment.ht ml here]

There is probably loads more current stuff too.. I haven't looked for anything more recently although I am in the process of trying to sort out some for my own work context.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now