Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Oh joy.. Car won't blooming start.. Dc's are going to be home schooled today

(12 Posts)
TheArsenicCupCake Thu 02-Dec-10 09:18:28

They are not impressed.. They want to go in the snow... The schools are open..

Dc1 is sat doing gcse revision
ds2 is working on bite size and I'm covering his dyslexia work later with him
dd is sat with bitesize work sheets on what she is covering at school.

Timetable ahoy to stop melt downs from ds2.

I am getting no work nor the shopping I need to do done.

If the EWO come around I'll make her a cuppa..

Have I got everything covered?

Goblinchild Thu 02-Dec-10 09:19:50

Mine's still asleep. grin
His GCSE revision will still be waiting for him when he wakes up, however much he has wished and prayed.

Goblinchild Thu 02-Dec-10 09:21:02

Give DC1 a break later and sent them out shopping. Do you have a sledge? Perfect for several holdalls full of stuff.

TheArsenicCupCake Thu 02-Dec-10 09:22:30

Mine were up for school anyway lol .. I have allowed home clothes though

TheArsenicCupCake Thu 02-Dec-10 09:24:40

We will all walk to the local shop later .. Snow isn't bad at all. Which is why I feel bad about not getting them to school! ( however I am not walking them the ten miles in )

FanjoForTheMincePies Thu 02-Dec-10 09:31:35

we had to abandon nursery run, can't get car out and bus was stuck in snow!

intothewest Thu 02-Dec-10 10:03:50

We've finally had snow- so work is cancelled as all the schools are shut-going to take ds into the garden to make a snowman-I know some of you are sick of the white stuff,but we get it so rarely

TheArsenicCupCake Thu 02-Dec-10 10:55:50

Maybe I'm a mean mum making the dc's work lol

ds2 is starting to flag a bit but well have a break in a moment..
Actually this is giving me a good idea of how he'll cope being home educated ( thinking of doing this as the school he's at has suggested basically he leaves.. And the school we want him
to go to and has been suggested for him is totally full.. We are seeing how the appeal will work out.. Etc).

So I suppose today isn't waisted.

CognitiveDissident Thu 02-Dec-10 12:18:33

I had DS1 helping me to clear the paths this morning, while we went through physics revision. As usual, I got carried away with explaining, and he had to stop me at the elementary particle level blush

Had to stop DS2 from going outside in bare feet. Snow is dangerous stuff for him, as he can't feel cold, and has screwed up pain perception. I'm thinking of wrapping everyone up in extra coats and scarves, and trekking down to the shops, see if they have any sledges left. DS2 is getting cabin fever, and has regressed to being non-verbal again Speech will come backonce he's adjusted to the white stuff.

Yay! he's just walked up to me and clearly asked, verbally and with signing "can I go outside and play in the snow?"
Then he head-butted the baby with excitement He's calming down in his room now

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 02-Dec-10 12:45:44

Message withdrawn

TheArsenicCupCake Thu 02-Dec-10 14:29:27

@ cog and star !

Well we did terminal velocity ( not using snow balls lol).. and lots of other physic and biology stuff. For ds1

ds2 did the Norman conquest and battle strategies, ks3 maths and science.. And 6 year old units of sound ( as that's where he is at)

dd has done angles and triangles, short division and transferring data information ( a posh way of putting tallies and bar charts lol). Solids and liquids and melting temps.. And instruction writing.

And we had a bit of social / communication going on with turn taking and how to recognise the gaps and rythms of speech...
And then we all did PE by sliding and skidding to the shop ( balance skills and using money..

They have all said they have done far more work here than at school..
And are worn out! ( me too.. Switching key stages all day is flipping hard work!)
ah well roll on getting into the local schools so car breakdowns don't matter.

TheArsenicCupCake Thu 02-Dec-10 14:31:40

Oh and car comes back fixed later today ( phew!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now