Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone (do dee do da, do dee do da, etc)

(7 Posts)
tallwivglasses Wed 01-Dec-10 21:43:31

Stuck in the house with ds who doesn't do snow. Scared to even take him out in a taxi somewhere incase we have problems getting back.

Have some support, but not enough to let me get on with work. All outside work cancelled anyway, but fast-approaching deadlines loom. It's all gone arse-up.

DS' whole routine fucked up, still awake and drumming all over the place, doing his coping thing, not wanting me around.

Guttering and porch collapsing, this house eats money.
And when all the snow melts, where will it go? I have a 5ft avalanche mountain outside my back window and one tiny drain. And no step up to the back door...

Anyone else out there going stir crazy? Any solutions?

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 22:14:42

A: Paint lots of big pictures of sunshiney days and bluetac them to the windows.

B: Black out the windows all together, stick a lava lamp and some hippy whale music on and wrap DS in a big blanket.

C: As above, but to yourself

D: Open bottle of wine. Pour directly down throat. Open packet of chocolate. Munch. Rinse and repeat till you no longer give a stuff

smile

woolyxmastree Wed 01-Dec-10 22:30:27

Im am trying out D now! grin

DD loves snow but DS would be buried alive as he is only 1! The routine disruption is horrid as DD has just recovered from illness and was reluctant to go back...not looking forward to next week with the xmas play too!

I think my house is sinking too...the garage floor no longer meets the brick walls...but im renting and were planning to move anyway.

I am getting stir crazy as DD insists on watching the same dvds over and over...she is now scared of nearly every channel for kids and screaming if we turn the tv off...even when not watching it!

I suppose its all practise for the xmas hols!

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 22:40:00

Maybe impose your own routine? Get up at the same time as you would for school and do everything the same. At the time you would normally leave, line the dining chairs up and play at driving - DS could be the driver lol. Get to school and arrange all the dolls and teddies in rows to do "lessons" ie read a story. Then DVD. Then outside in the playground back garden for 15 minutes... you get the picture. Have lunch at the same time as school, afternoon playtime, then "drive" home.

If nothing else, it'll amuse you grin

woolyxmastree Wed 01-Dec-10 22:46:35

Good ideas purple. smile

We walk to school...or sledge at the moment but playing schools may work for us. The garden is very uneven and under a few feet of snow so im avoiding going there for now.

tallwivglasses Thu 02-Dec-10 00:13:55

Back after making soup. At least I've done something positive today!

Oh and I've put some (more) washing in.

purple and wooly - thanks so much

smile

my first santa smile. Feeling more positive x

purplepidjbauble Thu 02-Dec-10 07:11:36

Most kids are more comfortable with a structured routine in place, SN kids more so. It doesn't necessarily have to be school, just a more OTT version of an NT routine because SN kids struggle with freeplay, even for a few minutes blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now