Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

MNSN Mums' Getaway

(54 Posts)
purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 08:55:45

Having read a few threads on here recently about feeling like you can't cope, and a good ol' chinwag with signandsaycarols, I'm offering to help organise a little something...

I live on the edge of the glorious New Forest, and have done all my life, and think it would be a pretty good place to organise an overnight minibreak!

The first weekend of the Easter hols is Saturday 9th April, which seems like a good date as hopefully the weather will be cheering up and the flowers coming out.

I've had a little look, and the most reasonable (standards and price) hotel I can find is the Angel in Lymington - £49.95 per room per night. A bit steep, but I know it's a lovely place.

If anybody fancies doing this, post here. I'm happy to co-ordinate from down here - IE book a restaurant for the Saturday night; plan a nice gentle walk for the Sunday morning, ending with a nice cafe or pub for lunch.

Post here if you fancy it

tallwivglasses Wed 01-Dec-10 10:46:32

Oh purple I'd love to! I used to live near there - went to the 6th form college. Happy days.

I can't see me getting there (now in the North East)...maybe a nice mn driver would allow a contribution for petrol? I'd be wonderful company and make good sandwiches too smile

I've been promising myself a little trip away for years. I forget how rejuvenating it can be until I've done it.

Lymington and the New Forest are lovely. Hope this happens. I'm sure it would do everyone the world of good!

lisad123isasnuttyasaboxoffrogs Wed 01-Dec-10 11:33:13

I'd be up for it, but would need my own room (dont do sharing grin)
Im in Herts and if anyone needs a lift I have a nice big people carrier

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 11:50:34

I thought to keep it easy, people could book their own rooms separately; I wouldn't be comfortable handling other people's cash!

Then, anyone who wants to share can get together, and anyone who wants the space can do that too :D

Here is the link to the pub I have in mind. A single room is £42.95 Bed and Breakfast. It's right in the middle of town, with it's own carpark.

TheArsenicCupCake Wed 01-Dec-10 14:44:03

Sounds lovely.. If I can get the dc's looked after for that date I'm up for it

( assuming you guys want me lol)

meltedmarsbars Wed 01-Dec-10 14:51:21

Sounds very tempting - but it dd1's birthday that weekend so I might struggle.

So what would be the deal? Turn up on Sat afternoon, have various meeting points depending on time of arrival, and book a meal somewhere?

And a "leaving" brunch on the sunday?

Hopelesslydisorganised Wed 01-Dec-10 14:52:43

I would be up for this too - my DS is ASD

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 15:01:15

Arsenic, you are more than welcome as is anyone who can make it and needs the break!

Melted, would be lovely to see you if you can

Plan: Book in is probably from midday, so I'll hover in the pub bit downstairs with wine coffee, and people can join me when they're ready. I'll wear a silly hat or a red rose in my lapel or something equally visible grin

I'll book a table in somewhere like Pizza Express for however many we're expecting for 7ish and we can have some dinner, or my Dad owns a pub just out of town which does trad pub food and may have a band on (will check nearer the time).

Sunday morning, beach or forest walk. I know some people have mobility issues, so I will check out accessibility. Since the Forest was made a National Park a few years back, a lot of the popular walks are now shingled and flat. There's a couple of options to get lunch, depending on where we go.

Then people can either drift off home, or have a wander round the rather quaint yachting town of Lymington, whatever really.

Point is to relax, have fun and chill as grown ups - not follow a strict timetable. All these are just my ideas - suggestions welcome!

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 15:02:39

Oh yeah, the Angel is b&b so worth eating there in the morning as it's included in the price wink

lisad123isasnuttyasaboxoffrogs Wed 01-Dec-10 15:59:52

TBH I would properly travel day the day before and go and see friends I have around there grin
Im happy to collect anyone who is on the way too

sarah293 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:06:13

Message withdrawn

intothewest Wed 01-Dec-10 16:11:22

Hi purple;interesting idea-I'll have to figure out what's going on next year-I'm not far away from you.

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 18:15:13

Lisa, that sounds like a fabby idea

Riven, if the backwoods of 'Ampshurr can cope with a mixed race couple (DP's family are originally from Jamaica, I'm about as pale as it gets) then I'm pretty sure we can chance it wink

We do get the odd funny glance, but nothing more than the odd turned head

signandsingcarols Wed 01-Dec-10 19:37:51

Am def up for it!

Will be driving down from North Wilts area, happy to give lifts, (will have single room as snore like a drunk warthog! grin

ps, how di I get santa hats on my smileys I want one!!!

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 19:42:16

Yay! That's 8 possibles and still 4 months before the proposed date grin

S&SC, [ f emoticon ] grin wink

Al1son Wed 01-Dec-10 19:53:47

I'm a possible too. I love the New Forest.

I'm in Worcestershire so may offer to pick Riven up on the way past if her wheelchair would fit in a Freelander.

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 19:55:28

Whoop!

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 01-Dec-10 21:01:35

Message withdrawn

r3dh3d Wed 01-Dec-10 21:18:38

Bottoms. Would be a most excellent plan but it's my birthday on the Sunday and I imagine DH would take the hump if I elected to spend it with my invisible friends. hmm

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 01-Dec-10 21:20:11

Message withdrawn

purplepidjbauble Wed 01-Dec-10 22:22:25

Awesome, Starlight - automatic babysitting. Feel free to use me as an excuse any time grin

r3dh3d, make him pay for it as your birthday pressie [mwahhaha]

chocoholic Wed 01-Dec-10 22:41:17

It sounds lovely. Can I opt in too?

2shoesnightmarebeforechristmas Wed 01-Dec-10 22:43:22

i would have loved to have come, but I can't do it with dd and it will ve odd to go off to it if others have thier dc's with them

signandsingcarols Thu 02-Dec-10 06:58:43

thanks purple here goes with the santa hat

[f smile]....

ps we have snow... Yippee!!! (sorry BIG kid)

signandsingcarols Thu 02-Dec-10 07:03:28

oh, blush....

never scroll down that far, didn't realise they were on the right....

blush

Now feeling complete techno dufuss in front of whole world... oh well has given dh a laugh

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: