Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

how long did you wait?

(4 Posts)
dexter5 Tue 30-Nov-10 21:17:19

I wonder if anyone can help. I posted on here yesterday as we are waiting on my sons ADOS results. For those who have had this test done how long did you need to wait on the results.
Also this is how I observed the ADOS what do you all think?:
Answered some questions not others.
Asked questions about the picture book but didn't really coment on what was happening.
Second book was thrown on the floor.
Answered a couple of questions about the picture to describe but, didn't descibe anything did point in response to questions.
Didn't do any of the pretend play at all didn't blow the candles out, didn't feed the doll, didn't give the doll a drink or put it to bed. Was more interested in breaking up the play doh.
Did ask for the balloon to be blown up again and again.
Smiled at the doctor asked him to join in his play once.
At the free play he played again and again with the toy that you press or turn buttons and the doors open, was eventually distracted away but took several attempts.
Wasn't distracted by the rabbit as was busy with a fire engine.
Asked to kiss the doctor at the end, was chatty throughout and smiley and happy.

thanks so much, i've never been good at waiting!!!
Long post I know really appreciate those of you have taken the time to read this.
Thanks for being there, find it difficult to talk to anyone just now

mariagoretti Tue 30-Nov-10 22:07:42

dexter5
I had a similar question a few weeks ago. Most people got the result within a few weeks. My DS had the ADOS 2 weeks ago, and it looks like it'll be late Jan till we get a result. But my impression was that this is really unusual so I hope your result will be through much sooner. Horrible waiting, isn't it.

dexter5 Wed 01-Dec-10 09:40:07

I really feel for you I would hate to wait that long. How did you feel he got on?

mariagoretti Thu 02-Dec-10 19:33:45

I think he's going to be just to the not-ASD side of the border because we've been working so hard on the impairments. And I was worried the ADHD would invalidate the test. Stupidly I told him 'it's a sort of test like in school and I want you to do your best'. So he took me literally and did his absolute best. Ever. He managed a marvellous show of imaginative play with the toys. For all of 5 minutes, never done it before & not done it since.

Am still angling for a diagnosis if possible though cos then maybe he'll get some SALT and a bit more help in school and it won't be just me doing the early interventions [sceptical].

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: