Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Blardy snow

(22 Posts)
fightingthezombies Tue 30-Nov-10 07:34:15

Ds been up since 4.45 over-excited about the snow and won't stop rabbiting on. Had important conference at work today. Expect school will be shut so will be having a day of it sad. I know it looks lovely but when you're knackered and ds is nagging to make a snow angel it's snow joke.

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 30-Nov-10 07:50:37

fighting ... We had a flurry the other day.. But it's been clear since.. However ds watched the news and now we are all going to get hypothermia ( sp).. So has gone to school accordingly wrapped up... On the day it did snow he had refused to wear a coat!

You can win!

fightingthezombies Tue 30-Nov-10 07:54:18

Now have him singing Frosty the Snowman and Santa Claus is coming to town. Would be laughing if I wasn't so exhausted.

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 30-Nov-10 08:01:07

Have you got a safe space in the garden that you can see from indoors and a sand or other timer?

Get a cuppa send him out all wrapped up and he has to be in by the time the timer is finished to warm up..
And you can watch from the window?

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 30-Nov-10 08:03:59

And is there anyone who can pop on and watch him while you scoot upstairs for a quick doze?

( I do realise this would be highly unlikey in my world and probably yours)

no sleep is a killer!

fightingthezombies Tue 30-Nov-10 08:11:29

Thanks Arsenic - he is out in the back garden now. Had paddy when I wouldn't let him out in the front and down the road. Might be able to escape into work this afternoon when dh gets in from work. No,have no support network at all to help (apart from MN of course).

starfishmummy Tue 30-Nov-10 08:22:39

DH was angling for a day off today - we have had a small snow flurry, but school trasport is running. Whats the betting he decides he's ill and has to come home early(his latest ploy, and he has a teacher who falls for it!)

rebl Tue 30-Nov-10 09:39:53

My poor ear drums, the screaching at the snow was too much this morning. He's gone to school for my sanity!!! We managed to slip our way into school with 1 broken arm and a child who doesn't understand that snow is water and will not be good for the cast. Told the teacher he wasn't allowed to sledge (they were all doing it in the playground - big hills) and wasn't allowed to get cast wet. She suggested he had indoor play as there are 2 others on indoor play anyway so I've gone along with that.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 30-Nov-10 10:06:04

Message withdrawn

bigcar Tue 30-Nov-10 10:18:45

took me 15 minutes to get to school this morning in the car, 45 to get home hmm fighting, snow joke is about right grin

bullet234 Tue 30-Nov-10 11:03:00

Ds1 built a small snowman, commented on his footprints in the snow, recited large parts of Mr Sneeze upon seeing the snow and is now ignoring it.
Apart from jumping and stamping on the icy parts now and then Ds2 has shown no interest at all in it.

NorthernSky Tue 30-Nov-10 11:23:31

Message deleted

yoshysmum Tue 30-Nov-10 11:26:27

Ds went out in the snow yesterday and liked it apart from not understanding that snowball fights are supposed to be fun, ending in a meltdown.

I think today he will probably just want to stay in, which will be warmer for us as we have to leave the door open and frequently pop out to check on him. grin

tallwivglasses Tue 30-Nov-10 12:02:02

DS also doesn't do snow (and nor does the wheelchair...) Plus a Very Important meeting to discuss 1-to-1 at school that I've been waiting 3 years for - has been cancelled.

Behind on my work. A snotty cold. A load of guttering has fallen down. Not happy.

It does look very pretty out there though!

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 30-Nov-10 12:36:31

Ohhh we have a small flurry going on.. Dc's are in school 10 miles up the road.. The up the road bit that catches snow.. Ds is going to be delightful when he comes out.. Wound up like a bobbin to come home to find out it hadn't settled! ( again)..

fightingthezombies Tue 30-Nov-10 18:06:45

Just back onto Mn again. Ds's school decided to stay open when all around were shut - ds not at all amused. I had a 2 mile trek in the snow to work to find important meeting postponed. Ah well - it's snowing quite heavily again so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Will try to have early night though to be a bit prepared.

FanjoForTheMincePies Tue 30-Nov-10 18:45:48

my DD won't go out in it, we have over a foot so it's a bit awkward!

Marne Tue 30-Nov-10 20:12:00

We had a flurry today (was comming down heavy for a little while) and dd2 was so excited ,she thought it was christmas and was looking for father christmas out the window grin, she loves the snow but we havn't had enough to build a snowman sad.

signandsingcarols Wed 01-Dec-10 08:42:06

Only had an inch or so, but ds so thrilled, played snowballs and insisted on bouncing on trampoline in snow, (bouncing the snow up and down) grin

very icy though, (had accident yest sliding into another mum's car at SN group shock, but no one hurt,)

fightingthezombies Wed 01-Dec-10 09:06:56

More heavy snow so school shut today! At least I might be able to get some jobs done around the house to save doing them in evening/weekend.Ds still up too early though but has just gone into back garden to make igloo.

auntevil Wed 01-Dec-10 09:08:24

Told the boys that there was no school because of the snow - all excited as they can play indoors! - not one of them has asked to go out in the snow. Weird shock

ouryve Wed 01-Dec-10 21:36:20

School's been shut all week and not opening tomorrow. If it does open Friday, have no idea how we'll get in because can't use the Major and DS2 hates snow and it's too deep for him to walk in. Can't walk him in the road because he tries to run rings around me and I have to be hyper-vigilant for drivers who think I should just jump out of their way, already.

DS1 had a headache yesterday, though and was trying to bury his head in the snow in the back yard. I did have to yell at him not to eat it off the top of the wheelie bin though. Ick!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: