Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Starlight's response from school....

(43 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:35:13

Message withdrawn

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 12:37:15

phone them?

Phone to make an actual appointment?

call a statement review?

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:41:31

Message withdrawn

Triggles Mon 29-Nov-10 12:47:08

Can you ring whoever does the IEPs and set up the appointment over the phone, then confirm it in writing. Sounds like you're unfortunately going to have to be the "squeaky wheel" to sort it.

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 12:48:11

I was just thinking that suggesting a review to the school normally makes them play ball (rather than having you get everyone together to list their failings grin )

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:50:25

Message withdrawn

Triggles Mon 29-Nov-10 12:51:21

wow Starlight - sounds like they are going out of their way to be difficult. Hope it gets sorted for you soon!

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:52:47

Message withdrawn

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 12:53:11

ooh, that was spiteful of them. You know they probably did that on purpose, don't you?

I really don't understand why so many schools treat us like shit. We're not the enemy, all we want is for our children's needs to be met.

I think what they want, is for us to take our children out of their school so they don't have to be bothered. - keeping the money they get, of course...

I am so lucky with my children's current schools. We have had to really fight in the past - when we were in Hemel. Do you know how BAD herts is? <shudder>

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 12:54:07

Message withdrawn

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 12:59:13

no, why? They're awful.

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 13:00:47

I feel like I've put my foot in it somehow only I don't know how.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 13:06:47

Message withdrawn

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 13:09:06

No. I didn't. If I've read it, I haven't remembered. I never remember anything about anyone. blush

They are, by far, the worst I have ever come across.

I think they'd like it if all our kids were rounded up and stuck in an institution and they never had to bother at all. [bitter]

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 13:20:22

Message withdrawn

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 13:23:03

take a tape recorder.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 13:46:00

Message withdrawn

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 13:49:19

little one in your pocket?

take your own notes and insist on the head signing at the end of the meeting, before you leave?

parent partnership?

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 13:52:13

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 13:53:05

Message withdrawn

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 13:59:28

Really? I've never used parent partnership, but folks are always banging on about them, so I assumed they were good.

I remember going for a meeting - I'd said I intended to go to tribunal if they didn't meet my eldest's needs. The woman there told me that they couldn't because there was limited money and I had to consider all the other children. words to that effect.

I said that other children and the funding were not my problem. The law is quite clear. Meet the needs. Not divvy up the funds to do the best you can. You will not wait for my son to be failed before you help him recover from that. words to that effect. grin

She did not like me.

We got the funding though.

Both my boys have always had full time 1:1. I am a world class gobby cow. blush

You've got to be though, right?

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 14:04:24

Message withdrawn

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 29-Nov-10 14:08:56

What I described happened in Herts. They are certainly arrogant and don't give a crap.

They don't like being told you will take it as far as you can, to the european court of human rights if you have to grin

Slightly ott, I'll admit blush but really - accept your child not being educated because we want to spend the money elsewhere.

I think not.

Best thing we ever did was getting the hell out of there.

keepyourmouthshutox Mon 29-Nov-10 14:27:00

Star one of the charity person told me she accidentally left the tape recorder on at the meeting and although she could not use the tape, she used the transcript.

Not sure about legality but worth a try?

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 29-Nov-10 15:06:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now