Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

TEACHH - book recommendation?

(7 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Sun 28-Nov-10 12:53:55

Message withdrawn

HelensMelons Sun 28-Nov-10 13:19:17

We were given a short course on this as parents Starlight and these books were recommended as good resources:

The TEACHH Approach to Autism Spectrum Disorders by Gary Mesibov, Victoria Shea and Eric Schopler, 2005

or

Accessing the Curriculum for Pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (Using TEACCH Programme to help Inclusion). Mesibov and Howley, 2003

or

Tasks Galore. Creative Ideas for Teachers, Parents and Therapists working with Exceptional Children by Laurie Eckenrode, Pat Fennell and Kathy Hearsey, 2003

or

WINSLOW Webiste - www.winslow-cat.com

Hopefully one of those might help x

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 28-Nov-10 14:25:05

Message withdrawn

keepyourmouthshutox Sun 28-Nov-10 16:49:46

I have 'Teaching Activities for Autistic Children.' Vol III by Staff and Parent of Division TEACCH -compiled and edited by Schopler,Lansing and Waters.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 28-Nov-10 17:20:35

Message withdrawn

HelensMelons Sun 28-Nov-10 19:38:19

Starlight I haven't read any of the books so I'm not sure which would be the best unfortunately! (oh and your not being cheeky by asking, I would be doing the same!!) x

keepyourmouthshutox Sun 28-Nov-10 22:05:06

Not cheeky at all - I too would have asked that.

The book I have, given tome by someone, list different areas of development eg. fine motor skills, self-help, social etc. and the estimated developmental age an nt child would be performing the particular skill at.

Eg. Drawing, completing simple pictues. eye-hand intergration, drawing 4-5 years. fine motor manipulation 4-5 years, perception, visual 4-5 years.

It lists goals, objective, materials and procedure.

I found it quite useful as an additional resource to get ideas where to work next with ds's development.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: