Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

anyone know about help to change house around??

(4 Posts)
lisad123isgoingcrazy Sat 27-Nov-10 19:02:50

I dont know if there is anything we can do, but i need to try. Both my DDs have ASD (although DD2 still being assessed). We live in a small 2 bedroom house. There is a way to make it a 3 bedroom by switching around the staircase and moving one wall slightly.

We could never afford it, especially now i have given up work completely.
I know its unlikely but does anyone know if we can apply for help?

Sharing a bedroom is terrible. DD2 is awake for the day between 3-5am. DD1 like things in a certain order and love tidyness.
DD2 trashes everything in her sight.

Its morgaged btw.

keepyourmouthshutox Sat 27-Nov-10 19:12:36

Maybe try Disabled Facilities Grants? Sorry but not sure how to do the link.

Have read somewhere that is it is for the benefit of a disabled child, then savings are not taken into account - can't find it now though - will try to look for it later as time for children's bath.

lisad123isgoingcrazy Sat 27-Nov-10 19:15:18

savings LOL I wish.

keepyourmouthshutox Sat 27-Nov-10 19:27:00

try this website:

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: