Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

question should I write to my MP?

(12 Posts)
honeybeetree Wed 24-Nov-10 16:55:02

Hi I am a TA working in pre school... whilst working with a family I am seeing the terrible state SEN is and the lack of support for families etc etc... am thinking of writing to my MP but I am wondering (before I ask his parents) if I should ... I will not talk about the child but the general state of things etc....

bigcar Wed 24-Nov-10 17:20:01

of course you can smile But you would have to keep it all general so as not to break confidentiality of the family as you said. You might also want to bookmark edcm as they are always looking for people to email their mp!

honeybeetree Wed 24-Nov-10 17:35:59

great thanks so much ... great info

purplepidjrobin Wed 24-Nov-10 17:40:14

I would. If you're anywhere near me (Hampshire) I'll sign it, and you could probably get loads of other people to sign too

honeybeetree Wed 24-Nov-10 17:43:37

Its bloody terrible the state of SEN in my area not hampshire though purple

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 24-Nov-10 18:07:42

Message withdrawn

honeybeetree Wed 24-Nov-10 18:27:06

no wronge country te he am in Wales

honeybeetree Wed 24-Nov-10 18:27:38

wrong

seems to be nationwide. is a battle in glos too.

SausageMonster Wed 24-Nov-10 18:34:44

No I wouldn't write to my MP. I'd write to my Local Councillor. Education is a 'devolved' service which is the responsibility of Local Govt.

MPs only really deal with Nationally provided services, such as Defence.

I was told this by my MP.

honeybeetree Wed 24-Nov-10 18:57:35

could write to my AM and my local councillor.

wendihouse22 Wed 24-Nov-10 19:11:24

Do it! There's a petition via the National Autistic Society presently lobbying Parliament with regard to SEN and what's available (and what's not, more to the point) for disabled kid.

We need all the help we can get.

I spoke to my MP and I have to say, he listened and has taken on board the issues and has been as good as his word with regard to help.

Do it, please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now