Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA!!!! Good news!

(21 Posts)
Anna85 Wed 24-Nov-10 10:44:52

After recieving a call yesterday asking me lots of questions I called them today to see if they had made a decision and they had!!

We have been rewarded MRC and LRM until 2012!! Would hoped it would be for longer but still 2 years!!

Been stressing over it especially when I got the phone call yesterday!! x

wasuup3000 Wed 24-Nov-10 10:47:05

grin yeah!

woolyxmastree Wed 24-Nov-10 10:53:48

gringringrin Great.

wendihouse22 Wed 24-Nov-10 10:55:55

This IS good news.

I'm in the process of re-application. Forgot just how very longwinded those forms were....

Fingers crossed for us, and well done to you!!

auntevil Wed 24-Nov-10 11:08:31

So good to see the words 'good news' and DLA in the same sentence!
well done to you. grin

woolyxmastree Wed 24-Nov-10 11:14:38

Im amazed at how quickly they are dealing with claims lately, we sent ours off at around the same time, second week in November and got ours within a week. Good luck to everyone still waiting/applying!

hotmamalovespavlova Wed 24-Nov-10 11:26:03

First aplication sent in on 3rd November, still awaiting decision as they were writing to the Paed.

Now nervous about telephone interogation call asking me lots of questions as found the form daunting enough.

Yikes!!!

Glad you are pleased with your outcome.

starfish71 Wed 24-Nov-10 11:33:06

Great news! smile

streakybacon Wed 24-Nov-10 11:35:53

Very pleased for you, well done smile.

NatalieJane Wed 24-Nov-10 12:35:13

Well done!

Sent DS2's off on the 3rd November, I rang last Friday to see if I could add some more, and they did let me, so I guess that means they haven't looked at it yet? The lady on the phone told me to expect 8-10 weeks wait.

Anna85 Wed 24-Nov-10 12:51:14

They told me the same but I knew that had asked school for report and I got a call yesterday asking me lots of questions.

I thought I would perhaps call today and see if a decision had been made and it had!!! Just called tax credits and let them know as well! x

5inthebed Wed 24-Nov-10 12:52:41

Well done, great news.

SparkleRainbow Wed 24-Nov-10 14:32:49

That is great news. I posted ds's about two weeks ago, got a standard letter on saturday saying they are writing to his consultant..... "which one" and "Good Luck with that springs to mind!" grin

Think we are in for a long wait. <<sighing emoticon needed>>

sugarcandymistletoe Wed 24-Nov-10 14:40:26

Great news, well done smile. Don't forget to let tax credits know as it could increase your award. Also it makes you eligible for a cinema card if you want one.

chocolatespread Wed 24-Nov-10 14:47:10

Cinema card? What's that? We have MRC and LRM, too, so I guess we might be eligible, too, but I've no idea what it is blush.

SparkleRainbow Wed 24-Nov-10 15:02:00

I didn't know it could increase your tax credits award too....I am so ignorant blush

sugarcandymistletoe Wed 24-Nov-10 17:52:11

CEA Card, you can use it at nearly all cinemas, it costs £5.50. You have to pay for the child's ticket but allows one carer in free. Lots of other attractions like theme parks allow a carer in free if you show the DLA award letter, many don't publicise it so it's always worth asking.

You can also apply for Carer's Allowance if you're earning less than £100 a week (I think) and caring over 35 hours.

Tax credits increases and CA usually get backdated to the start of the DLA award as well.

chocolatespread Wed 24-Nov-10 19:55:51

Thanks for the CEA info, SCM!

woolyxmastree Wed 24-Nov-10 21:44:30

I did th CA and the TC but hadnt heard of the CEA...thankyou SCM.

SparkleRainbow Thu 25-Nov-10 13:26:02

Thank you so much for that SCM, I would never have found out about that. Can I be cheeky and ask another related question, if they come back and turn down my ds dla application, I know that I can appeal, if the appeal is successful do they back date from the initial application?

Anna85 Thu 25-Nov-10 17:03:05

I think they do but not 100% sure!! x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: